1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 510smr Daily Rider

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tech 3, Jun 22, 2011.

1. RattyWheat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 smr 510
    cool thanks ill let you know how i make out.
  2. RattyWheat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 smr 510
    why dont you use the castrol race 4t oil they have in the manual
  3. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    My manual says to run the AGIP 4T 10w60 and I've used this oil for a while and I really like it
    I use a 2009 manual they did not even put out a 2010 manual

On the new 2011 bikes they recommend the castrol,but that is also a BMW motor
    thats why I went through all the hassle to get a 2010 SMR

I don't know if brand is soo important but changing the oil every 500 miles and put in a new filter
    and clean the 3 screens is very important I plan on getting a lot of miles out of this bike before tear down and when that comes I will probably go with the 530 kit
  4. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

In Singapore, our gas stations offer from 92 octane to 98 octane. As recommended in manual also to use 98. Still using Motorex Power Cross 10-60.

Im still using the foam air filter, thinking of changing to K&N too but my friend changed his but it doesnt really make much of a difference power wise.
    Any of you using reusable oil filter? If yes, what brand and model could fit because I can't seem to find any yet. Thanks
  5. tuplavee Husqvarna
    B Class

I use Liqui Moly 10w60, only because it's easy to get in here and cheap enough. And change after every 500km.
    Stock foam filter is good enough(?). Won't go for K&N, I think its no good when you go dirty:)

When looking though my ex-Triumphs K&N against light, dry-ish....Everything smaller than rabbit can go though those holes :busted:
  6. RattyWheat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 smr 510
    cool in my manual it says castrol so i orederd some of that agip and some castrol cuz that castrol is not easy to find. thanks for the info.
  7. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Do you have a 2010 manual
  8. RattyWheat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 smr 510
    yeah on the jump drive they gave me it says 2009-2010 and it says to use castrol but i think im going with thw agip.
  9. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Well shut me up
    I looked on my flash drive and there it is 2010 510smr manual
    and they say castrol 10W50 the 2009 manual says AGIP they must have
    switched over to castrol in 2010
    But being since I am a AGIP dealer I will stick with that
    I like the 10W60 It worked well in the hot weather
  10. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

Any source for a reusable oil filter?
  11. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    I see them on ebay now then and again
  12. Rome Husqvarna

In the next few weeks I will be buying a 2010 SMR 510 from Heinins, I found them on ebay. Just wondering what parts I need to buy in order to do the power up myself. Is it worth doing it myself? I have not asked how much they will charge me to do it. Thanks for the help!!!
  13. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Rome welcome to the Brotherhood
    I bought mine from Heinen's also so did Ratty wheat, this is a awesome bike I love mine was out on it for about 4 hours today what a blast you will love it
    the power up kit should come with the bike do the power up your self,ask them and make sure the kit
    comes with it,the other thing is contact Scott at semco and get a ibeat set up so you can dial in your
    EFI,other than that get a case of oil and about 10 oil filters and some extra O rings for the oil changes
    and you will be good to go
    and don't forget to ride it every day it is a super Daily Rider.
    RattyWheat likes this.
  14. RattyWheat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 smr 510
    hey rome, heinans is cool they treated me good, they charge about 150 for the uncork and another 150 for the cat removal. i had them do the uncork for 150 and had them dial it in so when i got it i could just ride cuz it was sterting to get cold we even got a foot of snow, but now we are having a warm spell and ive been riding daily. i had it shipped from minnesota to upstate ny took a week and oly cost 450. as for the oil get alot of it and tons of filters. as for having them do the uncork, i would not have if i bought it in the spring i was just worried about it getting to cold out. but its better than i could have ever thought AND HOLD ON TIGHT these things are like strapping a saddle on a missle.

tech 3 i got a case of agip on its way, my "local" dealer said the 10-60 is the good stuff.
  15. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Ratty wheat good deal I just ordered a new case of oil it should be in this week
    good deak on them removing the cat's that is a big job. How much did they
    hit you up for a case of oil.
  16. RattyWheat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 smr 510
    i think it was like 122.86 from the agip america site. case of 12 one liter bottles
  17. Rome Husqvarna

Thanks for the help Tech3 and RattyWheat. Once i get the bike I will be asking how to dial it in and what the ratios should be. I probably will have them remove the cats and uncork it myself.

How much does a case of agip 4t 10-60w normally cost? Where do you guys get your filters from?

Mr X where did you get the race water pump?

Stay Motivated!!!
  18. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi guys, I need some help from you tech 3, did you make 2 new wheels to go dirt or use the SM wheels? I'd like to make 2 sets of wheels to go dirt sometimes. Is the bike setup the same in TE510? Thanks for help!
  19. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

Rome: You can e-mail Jeff at www.halls-cycles.com and ask him for it.
    Raphael: The front brake is different

[IMG]

no more hole in the pants.
  20. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Raphael It is not the same as the TE,it is not as tall because of the 17 inch rear tire in stead of the 18 inch rear of the TE which is ok with me,the suspension is pure SMR it is a lot stiffer than the TE, I use the 320mm front rotor from the SMR on the 21 inch front wheel my goal was not to make a TE but just to have a wheel set up that I could use off road cause the sumo off road is very limited,but since 95% of my riding is on the street in my book the SMR is the only way to go,so for my little adventures off road I just pull the axles and slide the knobbys in and go, then when I get back it is back to my Super Moto set up the wheels are a stock 2008 SMR rear that I got off SMJ from Juse hall with a Karroo 150/70/17 tire
    the front is a 2010 WR 21 inch rim with a Karroo tire which I got from Bill at Bill's motorcycles Plus
    and with just a little mod to the rotor bolt holes and mill down the back of the caliber it is a direct bolt
    up,you will also need a TE kick stand and your speedo will read slow other than that it is a great
    set up for those that have a SMR and every now and then want to get a little dirty.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]