1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 510smr Daily Rider

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tech 3, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Raphael if the wheels are stright and true 450 is not a bad price
    I've got almost 900 + in mine with the tires
  2. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

Yes but that "plus" shipping is U$ 200. I´ll look for the hubs alone and the other things I need I buy here, will be cheaper because the shipping costs.
  3. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

About the front rotor, coul you confirm if there is 320mm and 4 holes?
  4. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Yes that shipping seems Very High
  5. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

6. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

I was talking to a guy who is the most known suspension tuner in my place. But the only thing he did is discourage me about taking the SMR.
    He told me maybe the front coils are different, will spent about U$ 300 just in tunning service and oil change.
    Arguing about I went from a 19hp CRF230F (child bike) and take a 510 54hp, he said no way to me control that bull in the trail.
    Im a little bit confused now, I think my problem was the weakness of the 230, because Im 1,85cm tall and 105 kg.
    Is the 510 engine too angry?! I mean, it runs in low rev or I need to give him power to climb hills?
  7. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    So you are 6 foot tall and 200 pounds
    the front coils or springs as we say are different the SMR, are stiffer than the Te
    You can either change the springs out to lighter ones or learn to ride the heavy springs,
    I think to be totally straight up with you It is very important to know with out a doubt
    that the husky 510 is a very powerful bike, I have had almost every brand and indulged my self
    in many forms of motorcycle racing on and off road, I had never ridden a husky before i bought mine
    when I went and picked it up mine was the first one I had ever been on.
    Honestly the bike was very intimidating the first time out but since I had to drive 1300 miles to
    go get it I was not coming home with out it.
    It was like riding a motocross bike on the street very light and strong, to a motorcycle mechanic like
    my self it is truly a thing of beauty,If you gear the bike right you wont have problems climbing hills
    you are not going to idle up hills you are going to have to use power but the main thing is to learn how to ride this bike and learn every thing you can about it you need to learn how to work on it your self or
    have a lot of money,the first being the best way cause you wouldn't want to miss out on the fun not to mention the bonding,(you must become one with the husky) so thats my old man's speech
    But most important is A. you can respect the 510 and learn to ride it and have a blast
    OR B. not respect the husky and do UN wise things on it and in that case you will more than likely end up getting busted up.
    May the force be with you Tech 3
  8. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

Youre the man Tech 3!

Thanks again for help me in my choice.

Any idea how much would be that front coils?

About the power, can this bike ride similar as DRZ400E, I mean, like a tractor :) Low speed, low rev and a lot force (torque)? I rode a DRZ and felt good for a newbie rider like me, in this bike you dont have to full throtle, you can climb in low rpm. Thats good for me.
  9. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    I would ask the living with a te510 thread about the hill climb
    and low end torque of there 510's
    you will have to keep the RPM's up and do some clutch work
  10. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

I ask them, waiting they answer.
    Im wanting to buy this machine anyway, if I cant go dirt, will ride only in street, want to feel that force.
  11. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    I can tell you this the SMR 510 set up for dirt will climb any hill out there
    as long as you can stay on it.
    It's all about learning to control what power you have
  12. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

I receive a answer from Hall´s Cycles, Jeff told me the forks have different travels between the sm and te and only springs will not make the difference. So if I do that, I will not change the springs, just change oil and maybe susp valves.
  13. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Yes the TE has 11.81 inches of travel and the SMR has 9.84 inches almost
    2 inch difference
  14. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

So, what´s your tip for me? What I have to do to be a good difference in off road?
  15. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    I ride mine off road with the stock SMR set up
    I just put my dirt tire set up on it and run 14/47 sprockets
    and go have fun I don't do any jumps or any thing like that
    just ride on trails climb hills and explore
  16. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

Im sure youre best driver than me. Im looking for some bike can help me on trails :)
  17. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
  18. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
  19. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

I was thinking about take a 2007, but I already took a WR250F I think would be better to learn before I get a 510. Thanks for all the help guys!
  20. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Good luck Raphael with your new ride