1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2010 250wr Clutch Drag

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PhoenixSurrexit, Aug 19, 2021.

1. PhoenixSurrexit Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XSR900
    Morning all,

But of background; recently decided to get into dirt bikes (been riding road bikes for a while but quickly realised its not the same thing. Purchased gear and an old bike (wasn't going to buy a decent bike knowing I'm probably going to drop it a few times while I learn)

Bike I purchased was a 2010 250wr. Bike starts no problem, when I put it into first gear with clutch pulled in it stalls. I can get it moving and keep it from stalling by giving it gas before dropping into first. If I stop with clutch in and in gear it will stall.

When the engine is off, in gear and clutch pulled in it won't freeroll, it feels like it's turning the engine over ( not a bad as bad as if the clutch lever wasn't pulled in).

I have done what research I can and have changed the clutch plates (both types) and springs. Also did an oil change at same time. I have also adjusted the levers correctly although it seems that only adjust the freeplay not the movement of the clutch.

It seems to be doing the same thing. I have not yet tried to start it and run in the replacement I made as I finished late last night and the neighbors would not have been happy. I will try later today.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Ps I'm new to the mechanics side of things so my terminology might not be correct.

Cheers
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You can change the adjustment inside of the cover. A manual help you figure it out. A new clutch cable can also help.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The clutch cable you will want will be the Motion Pro Terminator cable.