1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010-2012 Te250 Fuel Issue Solved?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Robear, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Robear Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha R1
    Hey everyone, I have a 2011 TE250 that has the fuel issue. Has anyone actually pin pointed the problem? I've heard its the injector, relay, fuel pump, fuel filter, ecu, and emission issues. What is the actual problem? Does anyone know? I've replaced the fuel pump and filter. I don't want to spend almost $300 for an injector if that,s not the issue. The bike tends to cutout when its been ridin' awhile. especially when trying to get up a hill, it just doesn't want to go no matter how much throttle i give it. I've been told that getting a power commander can help the issue. The local bike shop told me they won't work on red tops any more. So I'd like to figure it out myself if possible.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    try the cts (wts- water temp sensor) $20. they get flaky and send the ecu false info. there is no real test (but cool resistance is around 1300-1500ohms, warm/hot can get down into the low hundreds) so most people just replace 'em. look for the updated white one.

it may not be your problem, but it is a known associate of weird-assed issues on xlites.

(also- Robear... keep the multiple threads on the same subject to a minimum. OTOH, we're so small now- it's not like they're both gonna blow up and everybody will be stepping on each other's toes. good luck)
  3. Robear Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha R1
    I'll take a look at it. What sensors does a power commander come with?
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    None? I think? just plugs in between the FI and the ecu, maybe a few others (TPS, MAP, coil?)
  5. wags Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te310r
    I run a power commander on my 13 310r and there is no new sensors.
  6. Robear Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha R1
    Ok I ordered the Water Temp Sensor. Should be here by the weekend. Going to order a few other thing in a few days. Oil change, oil filter, spark plug, and have the fuel injector serviced. Also thinking about having the valves checked out.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  7. Robear Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha R1
    Ok I put the WTS on and did an oil change. Now the battery went dead. Time to get a new ion battery. also need to put the new sparks plug in. I think i might need to clean or replace the fuel injector as well.
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    charge the battery and kickstart it before installing the new injector & plug. this way you'll know if you solved the problem AND HOW.
  9. Robear Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha R1
    I'm back! So I replace the Wts sensor, oil change, and spark plug. I also replaced the fuel with non ethanol gas. The bike seems to be running a lot better back July. I'm going to taking it out soon. I bought the kawasaki fuel injector upgrade. Just waiting for it to come in the mail.
    Just curious, would I need to remap the Ecu after installing this injector?