2009 Te610: Erratic Revving/ Stuck Throttle

Discussion in '610/630' started by Don Bond, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Don Bond Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Husqvarna 601
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and also a new Husky owner. I recently purchased a 2009 TE610, 18K mileage but appeared to be impeccably cared after. I rode the bike only a handful of times, on pavement, before I ran into trouble.

I rode the bike a few miles home on the highway, parked it for about 15 minutes, and came out to start it up. When I started it I heard a loud pop and the bike started to rev up and down very quickly without me touching the throttle. When i would rev the throttle, it would stick at a very high RPM. The actual throttle cable appeared to not be stuck though. I tried to drive it and it was very jerky (reflecting the high/low RPM revving).

I've tried looking though the other posts to locate a similar problem but haven't had any luck.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Make sure that the injector body hasn't been dislodged by the backfire, and that the intake boot between the fuel injection body hasn't been damaged or split in any way. The bike may have been kept well, but 14 years is a long time for an original intake boot to last without becoming dried or brittle and prone to splitting or cracking.
  3. Don Bond Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Husqvarna 601
    Thank you, Dirtdame.

Is there a reliable company that you can buy parts for a Husky? I've had some trouble locating parts (as well as an owners manual).
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
  5. Michel Chaka Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xr 250 Tornado
    Also check if the throttle body idle screw came loose.