1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2009 TE250 Chain Adjusters

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Eoin, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    The rear chain adjusters on my TE250 have been quite stiff to adjust, so I've lubricated with dry moly paste and copper grease and run them in and out. They are freer now, but tighten right up if I extend them out further than around 20 mm. I will really have to force them to come out further. The thread that I can see looks perfect.

Questions:

1. I assume the adjuster screws should be able to be removed completely?
    2. I also assume that the threaded insert is an integral part of the swing arm, so I don't want to risk damaging that by forcing the screw out?
    3. There is a lot of available slider travel on the swing arm. Are there axle blocks available with a bigger offset to give more adjustment, or do people use spacers?

Any info appreciated.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The adjuster bolts do come out, but they can seize up and break. The swing arm is threaded, if you break the bolt it can be repaired.
    Eoin likes this.
  3. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I've worked on these with penetrating oil and gradually got them out. One side is not too bad, the other will take a screw but is binding. I'm going to try running a tap down it before resorting to a coil.
    rancher1 likes this.
  4. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    when you put it back together, use marine grease on the bolts, if you have any moisture inside your swingarm this will prevent the corrosion from affecting your threads
    Eoin likes this.
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    We have some blue stuff at work designed for exposed surfaces outdoors.
  6. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I got an extension bar for my taps - 4.9 mm square drive. This allowed me to run the taps through the distorted threads, which worked really well. The threads are good enough to use for the adjusters, got some nice new Titanium adjuster bolts as well. Rear wheel on and aligned.