2009 TE250 Athena iBeat / ECU

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Eoin, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I have a 2009 TE250 with an Athena barrel that I think means it has the 300 conversion. I can't see anything resembling the small Athena ECU box anywhere on the bike. On iBeat, the settings are 95, 100, 100. This seems strange if there's a 300 barrel and no additional ECU. Does anyone else run this conversion without the Athena ECU and if so, what iBeat settings do you use.
  2. starter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell XB9R, KTM 300exc, Ducati m797
    Mine used to be 115 117 119 without the piggyback ecu. It's pretty easy to adjust to reasonable setting just by feel and the way the engine behaves. The first reading I adjusted based on decel backfires adding fuel till it was nearly eliminated. The second was a mix of temp, feel and mileage and the third number based on WOT adding fuel till it let no different.

115 107 105 was the fuelling husky installed on my bike from the dealership and it was to lean once the insert was removed from the exhaust.
    Borntoride71 and Eoin like this.
  3. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Thanks, I saw other numbers on an old thread from Uptite, 127-116-122. VERY useful to have a comparison.

Things have freed up a bit here, lockdown wise. Going to get out and see how it goes and mess with the settings. May even get it on a dyno, if they are working now.
  4. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Had a dyno session yesterday to play with the iBeat settings. The bike was set at 95-100-100. I still didn't find an Athena ECU and expected the fuelling to be miles off, but it wasn't too bad. It took a while to work out the iBeat settings and the best AFR. The power curve was much smoother with a richer AFR, the settings ended up at 100-110-110 and this gave a nice flat AFR through the rev range.