1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2009 Te 510 Wont Start

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Broc LaRouche, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Broc LaRouche Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 501
    Other Motorcycles:
    klx 110
    Hello,

I'm having electrical issues with my 510 and I am hoping you guys and your experience can help me. Sorry to start for the book I'm about to write.

I had an issue two weeks ago where I was blowing the 10 amp fuse pictured below, I found the rear signals had an exposed wire so I taped those up and the bike ran for another 20 minutes. I went to go ride Sunday and the front instrument display was not working, then I realized the yellow 20 amp pictured was blow. I replaced that bike started everything was good, display still not working, I took the display apart someone said it had a battery and did not see anything. the plug to the display has power going into the board but it does not come on. I went out for a ride about 35 minutes into the ride I finally hit the dirt and was going along pretty slow up these switch backs. I went and grabbed a ton of throttle all of a sudden the bike just looses power boggs down and dies. I noticed the yellow fuse is blown again, I replace it to get back home and the bike will not start. I trailered the bike home took off all the plastics and the front headlight, I also disconnected the display incase that was throwing some issues. I can't see anything disconnected no wires look exposed and the fuse is not blow but will not start.

Any ideas on what to try? I downloaded the manual to see what that fuse does, and it just says 20 amp fuse.

Attached Files:

2. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
  3. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check for chafed or worn wires around the head stock. 610/630 forum guys with similar type problems always seem to find the problem in that area. Good luck!