2008 TE610IE first test ride observations

Discussion in '610/630' started by Grump, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Grump Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok, got the bike together today and fired it up and it was running a little rough. The idle was at 1300 so I waited till it warmed up and set it to 1600. Much better. I rode it and I LIKE IT! Only one thing, it seems hard to get it into neutral from first and a little easier from second. I am guessing its newness is all it is and after some break in and an oil change or two and that will be good. One other thing....5500 rpms for about 1000 miles isn't gonna be easy! :lol:
    Grump
    :cheers:
  2. Grump Husqvarna
    A Class

One other observation...

I am thinking that whoever is the kickstand designer must have been fired by now or is one of the owners kin folk. There is something about that kickstand that I do not like. Seems cheap, weak, too short, and potentially hazardous. :excuseme::thumbsdown:
    Grump
  3. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congrats on your new bike... You're going to love it. We've all had to modify the kickstands, change the headlight and the seat is to hard, but you just bought one of the highest quality machines out there, good luck and don't crash........
  4. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    The kickstand is the best part of the whole bike. It's dangerous like a stiletto in your front pocket with the safety off; keeps things interesting.
  5. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    You are right about the kick-stand and trying to find neutral.:)

I hear that the neutral gets easier. As far the Kick-stand. Every dirt Bike I have had, has had a bad stock kick stand.:excuseme:

But...the bike is a blast. It's just the best Dualsport bike out there.:thumbsup: