1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2008 TE450 fuel pump intermittent - dash N light flashing

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by tntmo, Feb 17, 2021.

1. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    My TE450 has been acting odd starting this desert season (late last year). Sometimes the fuel pump wouldn't cycle on when I turned on the key. Turning it off and back on a time or two usually got it going without issues.

Then after a few rides, the pump would stop during a ride. When this happened I noticed the N light flashing on the dash. Are there codes that this bike gives?

Anyway, I figured my pump was failing so I installed a new universal one. The problem has not changed. I am likely going to order a new fuel pump relay as well just in case that is starting to give out.

Anything else I should be looking at? This bike has never failed to get me home but now I am not feeling confident taking it out by myself anywhere.
  2. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
    Make sure you battery is good, my bike was acting the same way (I think the N light was flashing too). It ended up being a bad battery. I replaced it and I have been trouble free for a year now. Mine is a 09 TE450
    tntmo likes this.
  3. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.

You been casing my house?? :p I just replaced the battery yesterday, also installed a new fuel pump relay (ordered trough SWM) and it has worked 10 of 10 times locally so far.

I guess I will see how well it works, heading to the desert tomorrow if all goes as planned.
  4. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    Just wanted to close the loop on this. I rode all day in the desert with the new battery, never once had an issue with the fuel pump. It seems that the battery was likely the culprit. I was getting close to giving up on this beast, but she's back in my good graces.
  5. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
    Thanks for the follow up, Glad things worked out.:cheers:
    tntmo likes this.