1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2008 TE250 (to Athena 300) Bog at 6300 RPM

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MFGamesta, Dec 12, 2017.

1. MFGamesta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    S1000R, Beta 500 RR-S
    So I picked up a 2008 TE250 a while back with an Athena 300 kit in it and it has the power up kit with Arrow exhaust. I've sorted most of the bike out and have had to replace the temp sensor, spark plug, spark plug cap and wire, fuel pump and fuel filter.

I made my own iBeat cable and have iBeat 2.0 or whatever it is. I was able to set the TPS to 100.4 per the internet's suggestion. I set the CO levels to 112/108/104 as a starting point per something I read also on the internet.

I tried other settings and the bike would stall so after making the above changes, I added more turns to the throttle plate screw. (Not the air bypass screw) I added enough to keep the idle around 1900-2000 when warm and took it for a spin. (The air bypass screw didn't do shit at such low RPM.) The bike rand great all the way through the gears. After a few minutes, once the bike was at normal operating temperature and I went up to about 6300 or 6350 RPM, the engine would kind of bog and the power was reduced but still barely accelerating. Once I hit about 8000 RPM, the bike took off again and ran good.

So it seems to me like one of the CO levels is still low?? I'm thinking it may be CO2 but I don't know which CO level goes with which RPM range.

Am I on the right track?
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

George at uptite has the correct numbers.
  3. MFGamesta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    S1000R, Beta 500 RR-S

True. I hate calling him and asking him over the phone. I got to go by his shop and pick up some Beta pieces so I'll ask him then. Trying to do it sans-George. :oldman:
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Always best to ask when buying parts.