1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2008 TE250 good for short commuting?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by CharlesFrancisX, Sep 15, 2014.

1. CharlesFrancisX Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE250
    I just love the look of a husqvarna and wanted to get one for short commutes and trails on the weekend.
    When I say short commutes I mean riding it to school which is only 4.8mi away and maybe going to the store.
    I would eventually want to convert the bike into a supermoto. But I also been reading that the TE250 doesn't like long rides on asphalt. Any way to make it more asphalt friendly in the meantime I get around to converting it into a sm? I will be doing about
    70% short commutes and 30% off road.
    Thoughts or suggestions?

Also, see here. Seems like someone has done it before.
    http://forum.supermoto.pl/topic14574-husqvarna-te-250-2008r-na-poczatek-sprzedam.html
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Clueless here on the SM stuff but I do ride a 08 TXC250 on the hardtop here ... Bump up the FS to a 14T and that 6speed will start to shine ... Probably still a little too slow but my TXC 250 bike feels like the spacing from a normal 5-speeder with a 14T upfront and it still has a lower 1st (for trails) and a 6th gear on top ... Dropping the RS a few teeth would help also but go with the FS first ... probably a good chance the chain will still work also ...
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Not ideal with its close ratio box but is doable with rear sprocket reduction by circa 5 teeth. could also go up one tooth on the front sprocket.
  4. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    You can use it for backroads and NO HIGHWAY commute, she will behave good.. but these bikes will not last if used on sustained speeds of more than 75km/h and 7k or more rpm(sustained for long time). I use mine on the street to go to work sometimes, but the bike is not a street machine, so, I think you will be good if you dont expect her to be like a ducati monster or similar.. it is a tractor in two wheels