2008 TE 610 - Upgrades and Maintenance advice

Discussion in '610/630' started by trond, Mar 28, 2015.

1. trond Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te 610 Bramont Husky
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati s2r & 999S
    Hello, first post from a rather fresh Husky owner.

I bought a 2008 TE 610 in January, it is built by Bramont and it is the Carburetor model. Bike is in Brazil whereas I am in Norway. I did not use it much this year but plan to use it a couple months or so every winter (or summer down there). Current mileage is 7000 km.

I will be riding mostly dirt roads but have to drive the odd 30 km to get to the really good terrain for offroad (Sao Tome, Minas Gerais). I am not going to focus on riding very technical stuff but bike has to be able to cross hard terrain pending the route/trip.

Am already buying maintenance parts as these are hard to get by in Brazil. Oil filter, spark plugs, clutch kit, cables and was thinking about a chain kit and chain rollers as well. The manual chain tensioner is on the list as well. The enduro tires are shot and I am going for cross tires, the enduro tires were scary on wet dirt roads.

Tried searching for "610 upgrades maintenance" but it may be more efficient to ask.. :)

Does anyone know, is there a good thread in here with "610 maintenance" or an external link to "how to prepare your 610"?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Not sure what the answer to your question is, but yes it is probably more efficient to ask (start a new thread in 610/630 as you have done). Well done.
  3. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Partswise, throw in an air filter and brake pads, a spare front headlight bulb, replacement grips, At 7000k it wouldnt hurt to pack a cam timing chain, plus spare gaskets for LHS and RHS covers...it doesn't need doing yet but probably will soon... With the clutch kit, besides the springs and plates, there is also a brass bushing you should get. Oh, and a get 14T countershaft sprocket and replacement C clip - fun to play around with gearing (stock is 15T). Perhaps some rim locks and spare heavy duty inner tubes?

If you are looking for upgrades, the Hyde skidplate and HDB handguards are both good choices for this bike. For more luxury items, a Shorai Liion battery saves a few pounds. And a SeatConcepts seat is a good choice if you are planning to be in the saddle all day.

What did I miss?
  4. trond Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati s2r & 999S
    Thanks for the feedback, I will get a cam chain and a few gaskets as well.
    14T sprocket would be the choice for a new chain kit. I do not need much top speed on this bike.

Would this tensioner do?
    http://tinyurl.com/o5rnqa3

It does not list 610 but it is the same I suppose.

Attached a pic of the bike, I like it a lot. My other bikes are street (Duc Monster S2R) and a super bike (Duc 999S) and with me in Norway, riding offroad is more or less illegal in Norway. For me it is an adventure to ride the Husky down there.

IMG_4123.JPG
  5. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    I still use the stock chain tensioner so can't comment on that - it just needs regular checking...

Keep a 15T around, the 14T is good in more technical stuff, but the bike has gobs of power and you may find you prefer the 15T.
    Blazes likes this.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Make sure you get a MCT that is meant to fit a 610. Check out APE manual CCT.
    Your bike looks to be an 07.
  7. trond Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati s2r & 999S

Thanks, will do. I suppose Bramont was getting parts shipped from Italy, they may have shipped 2007 specific parts but the bike is built 2008, stamped on frame. Nice to know, I will get parts for a 2007 model.

Bramont is in Manaus Brazil, they have been doing assembly for many different vehicles. It seem to be a tax thing if the vehicle is assembled in Brazil.
  8. trond Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati s2r & 999S
    Think I have most the parts now, added rear pads, upper and lower chain roller, twin air filter and a cam chain tensioner. Led flasher lamps and some Led bulbs as well, nice to have working lamps.

Question: My bike seem to be 2007 model (however it is built 2008 in Manaus Brazil), are there any differences to the 2007 and 2009-2009 chain and sprocket kits?

I want to add a 14 sprocket but the chain is a little stretched and I have to either remove links or get a new packages.
  9. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    If you remove a link it will be tight if you decide to put the 15T back on (as I found out...). If your chain is stretched, maybe pack a spare chain too, good idea to replace front and read sprockets and chain all at once.

AFAIK the only differences between 2007 / 2008 is that the 2008 is EFI instead of carb, and there is no compression adjustment on the front forks of the 2008. So I believe the chain and sprocket kits are the same.

You might want to consider a slipon? How many kg of parts can you carry, anyway :)