1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2008 TE 510. Should I get it?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Sph123, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    This is the local add. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Had to sale the 23 Txc310 that I loved. Would commute to work and do a lot of single track and desert.

The TE510 is a street Legal Enduro from the factory. Original Owner, fantastic condition with 3265 miles. Bike was was de-smogged when new and set up with the Power-Up kit, including Arrow slip-on and is very quick with loads of torque. I used it for dual sporting and it has a larger 3 gal IMS tank, Cycra Pro Bends, aluminum skid plate, BRP chain guide, newer O-Ring chain, CR High Bend bars, UHD tubes and even buddy pegs. Tires in great condition with only a 3 day excursion to Death Valley on the D606 rear tire. I have all the take off parts including original exhaust and counter shaft sprocket. New battery installed September.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks all.
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  2. Huskinator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,TE510,TE450,TXC450,WR165,TE511
    It's a great bike, you should get it if the price is right. I wouldn't pay more than $4000. It sounds perfect for what you want to do with it.
  3. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    3265 miles is what it has on it. For $3450
  4. Huskinator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yea thats a good price. Look into getting the suspension done and a steering damper. Inspect and grease all the bearings you can get to, open up and soak the wire connector contacts with a good anti corrosion spray. The 08's had wiring harness corrosion issues, but it's not a problem if you catch it early.
    Shawbridgehusky and 268fords like this.
  5. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    I pick it up tonight. A lot different then my 310 but still very well balanced. Taking it down to San Rafael Swell this weekend. Will see if it needs new gearing after this weekend. Excited to be a Husky owner again.
  6. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    Well, I took it for a ride on the road today. Will take it off road this weekend. I think I may have to do something about the power curve. It's very linear but I think it may be still a little clogged up. I am sure there is more power in it. Will post after this weekends ride with an update on my thoughts.
  7. Huskinator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That bike has crazy power. Something is wrong. You should get it connected to ibeat. Do you have a local dealer? What gearing did it come with? Is the fuel fresh?
  8. Sph123 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    I just to it out for a long weekend. It does have crazy power, couldn't keep the rear tire from spinning . LUV it. My new favorite desert bike that is for sure, a bit of a handful in the technical stuff though compared to the 310. Did the Devils race track in San rafeal swell in utah and there was only one place that really struggled. Likes to flame out when your going over boulders. I did have one scary thing happen though, oil started coming out of the air box. I remember reading about the Zip Ty mod and figured that was it. Sure enough, after more reading last night when I got home, that is the problem. Now to find a cheap fix until I can afford to get ZipTied.
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Just get 2 bikes the 310 as a bush scalpel and the 510 for fire trails and the desert. You know you deserve it.