1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2008 CR125 parts?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lwilli32, Feb 22, 2009.

1. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

Im having trouble finding... really anything for my 2008 cr125. It is brand new, so it is staying the way it is for a while but i wanted to get a pipe and some suspension work done... Any suggestions for either?
  2. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

ive got a fmf fatty and a couple other pipes for my 06. i dont know if the pipes are the same though for the 08s
  3. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

2t

there is a ton of tuning info on TT. lots on reed spacers, pipes, carb mods, etc..... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I race a 2008 cr 125 i run a FMF Fatty pipe and a Turbine spark
    arrestor .The suspention was done by Fast By Ferricci other then that is it bone stock.Allthe carb settings are as delivered from the factory.
    Leave it stock it will work just fine.Just today i did the Checkers Hare and Hound race in Lucern Calif.We started by class so in my class
    250 expert Mag there were 7 bikes on the line.Yamaha yz 250 , KTM
    250 2 stroke ,Honda 250 4 stroke and a Yamahe yzf 4 stroke kaw 250 2 stroke
    and my stock 2008 Husky 125.At the end of the 2 plus mile bomb run
    and for the first 15 miles of the 80 mile race the Husky 125 had the lead
    Then i was pasted by the Kaw and the KTm but for the next 65 plus miles we stayed that way .It was not the bike fault we did not win i was just beat by 2 faster racers.Botton line i race about 2 times a month and run with the 250 class and open class on a stock bike
    Save your money and leave it stock
  5. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

Is most the stuff from the earlier years the same?

ajax, I plan on keeping it pretty stock (minus the pipe/jetting/maybe some suspension) until it needs a rebuild.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes i also have a 2006 CR 125 and just about everything on the 2006 is the same as the 2008 bike.My 2006 bike has been bullet proof after
    3 years of racing it is still on the stock bore and the lower end has not been touched.I raced most of the Nationals on it last year until i got the 2008 bike.I was going to go thru it as a spare for this year but my son has now done the first 2 Nationals on it and is setting in first place 125 expert .I do not know if he will do all of then as he gets nothing from Husky since it is a 2006 and he is also in paramedic school.But it just goes to shows just how tuff the bike is.Bone stock just FBF suspention and a pipe plus we still have never changed the jetting on the 2006 either just as it came .
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    ajax, will the Fatty fit the '09 CR125? I called FMF and they said it would only fit up to model year '06 yet I see you and Bluehusky144 have Fatties on your '08's. I want to change my '09 stock pipe but I'm afraid to shell out the money and have to send it back.
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I doubt the 08 pipe will fit the 09. A little bird told me that Pro-Circuit and FMF are going to make pipes for the 09 WR300 so lets hope they do something for the 125.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

FMF only shows thru 2006 in the book but it is the same for 2008
    Why dont you see if the stock 2008 and stock 2009 pipes are the same part numbers from Husky If they are then the FMF pipe will work.I can tell you the FMF gave the bike a little more lower end
  10. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would not expect a parts problem with an 08. I think the pipe is the same from 04-08. Body is the same from 06-08. Most of the rest probably is the same back to 99 or so but I am not certain.

For the 09 I would be more worried. With how few are coming into the states I wonder if we will be able to get pipes and silencers for them? I would assume the 4t IMS tank fits, at least I sure hope so since the stock one is very small.
  11. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Get FMF Fatty pipe, a Power Now carb insert, good suspension, and jet according to your area and then let it rip. You will not be dissapointed. At least I'm sure not!!!
  12. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

got about an hour of riding in today, after a few heat cycles. This is about the most fun bike I have ever ridden! There is a bit of a bog at 1/4-1/2 but the top end just screams! I will mess with the jetting a little bit once its broken in a little bit more. Most likely going to leave it exactly how it is for a while.
  13. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I did some experimentation.....and pulled the FMF fatty off my 06 CR....I can tell you it does not fit my 09 WR125....:thumbsdown:

Hopefully Don Elmer and the boys at FMF can whip up a new series for the new WR and CRs......
  14. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Didn't think it would, it is a all new bike. Longer stinger on the pipe it looks like. Give it time, parts will be developed just like the rest of the bikes.
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Thanks Troy! :thumbsup: