2007 TE610 - Engine noises. help needed.

Discussion in '610/630' started by Nuno Santos, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Nuno Santos Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Hi everyone.

My 2007 TE610 was making some engine noises and so i decided to remove the engine covers and take a look.

When i revved the engine to 6000 rpm (or close to that) i used to ear a metal grinding noise.

After removing the right engine cover, i found that the oil pump bolts were shaved, but i found no metal parts in the area.
    [IMG]

The gear that works with the oil pump had no markings at all:
    [IMG]

The oil plug had a lot of metal filings:
    [IMG]

I also checked the bag filters.
    Right side:

[IMG]

The left side one:
    [IMG]

At first, seeing the metal filings on the oil plug and the shaved oil pump bolts, i thought it might be a clutch shim that had come loose, but the clutch had no play at all.
    I haven't removed the clutch basket yet to take a better look.

The debris on the left bag filter looks like yellow/brown plastic from the flywheel/alternator.

Taking a better look on the alternator side i found that the "intermediate transmission gear" (i think that's the correct name) had a lot of play.
    I made a small video:

The timing chain is also needing replacement. The tensioner was on the 9th teeth.
    [IMG]

If anyone could help me, i have this questions:

What could be shaving the oil pump?
    Is that play on the gear of the video normal? How can i fix this?
    When you change the timing chain, do you change the plastic sliders/tensioners?
    What's the best way to clean all the plastic debris inside the engine, without opening it?
    Do you need the Husqvarna flywheel removal tool or can you use a simple bearing puller?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
  2. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S

Could the folded over tab on the crank nut locking washer be a little proud of the crank nut and was rubbing?

R_Little likes this.
  3. Nuno Santos Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    I don't think so. I did take a good look at that bolt and the safety shim, and it wasn't scraped.

I'm waiting for the clutch hub removal tool to get it out and check if the clutch spring shims are all there.
    Last night I did try to lock the hub and get the bolt undone without an airtool, but all i got was a broken hub:banghead:
    A new one is on the way already.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I agree. looks like superficial wear to me and most likely the washer bent tab.

Looks like it will account for the shavings on the magnet.

Can't tell you about that small starter gear...might be your noise OTOH I don't even know if it spins when the motor is running. Does look a little loose though. take it off and see whats up.