2006 TE610 Valve Adustment - What Do I remove?

Discussion in '610/630' started by buenodude, Apr 20, 2014.

1. buenodude Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525
    Could use some help about what to remove for 2006 TE610 valve adjustment. Everything. both radiators, etc. Appreciate any help offered. My first time.

Thanks
  2. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I do it without draining the coolant or removing the radiators, but it's tight. I think I did remove the coolant overflow bottle, but I can't remember.

My best time is 45 minutes from start to finish, inclusive. It's really not a bad job, just a bit intimidating.
    rajobigguy likes this.
  3. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I take it nice and easy, give myself plenty of time and dont rush.
    I take both radiators off and the coolant reservoir, i dont know how i would get the reservoir out without taking both radiators off.
    That gives me more room to work and do the job properly.
  4. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    I go halfway; removing the RH radiator so that I can remove the coolant tank. I only disconnect the bottom radiator hose, and use a bungee to suspend the radiator from the handlebar to keep it out of the way.
    rajobigguy likes this.
  5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I should say that I think I unbolt the radiators and shove them forward to gain some space, but I do not drain them.

However, draining the coolant and removing the hoses isn't too hard, and it does help gain a bit of extra space, which is nice the first time you do this job.
    rajobigguy likes this.
  6. Caine Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    I just did this. I drained the radiators and just removed them. It looks intimidating, but once you get in there, really, there isn't much to it...and when you are done, you'll really understand how the hoses are supposed to route, etc. I even took the opportunity to replace some of the factory hose clamps with nice stainless steel hose clamps.
    rajobigguy and Spice Weasel like this.
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

Yeah it may look intimidating but really it's a piece of cake. Rmove air filter, Remove gas tank and tank cover as a unit. That should take all of 5 min. Then drain and remove the radiators and coolant bottle, probably anot fifteen mins. into it at that point. Now you reasonably good access to the valve covers.
    By the time you make the valve adjustments and put everything back together you wont have much over an hr. into the whole job which might seem like a bit of time for normal valve adjustment but seeing a how they rarely ever move after the first adjustment then it's time well spent.
  8. buenodude Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525
    Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo -much for all the comments. I really appreciate it. Will definitely help me.
    rajobigguy likes this.