2006 TE610: Brake Light Stuck On--Help

Discussion in '610/630' started by djminta, Sep 18, 2015.

1. djminta Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    I have searched the internet looking for solutions to my problem, but could not find any information. My brake light is continually on. I just replaced the rear brake switch, but that did not work. I can see a slight change in the light intensity when I apply the front brake, so my service manager thinks that's good. I haven't had the bike checked by the dealer yet, thought I would check here first. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
  2. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Maybe the brake shaft is jamming a bit --have had that with a few of my bikes --remove dust cover at bottom of brake ---
    ( slide it down)

Spray some oil in the inside and work it hard with your foot up and down until it releases.

You can also disconnect the front brake just to determine if it may be the problem as well
  3. djminta Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    Thanks for the feedback. Checked that with the rear brake, and it is moving like it should. I did continuity checks on all the wiring which were all good, so am down to the front brake switch. I'll try that.
  4. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Check the tail/brakelight wiring around the light. I had three exposed wires. Yours could be shorting out.
  5. Sizzler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600, SZR660, TLM260. DRZ250
    This may sound odd, but check the bulb is in the right way. (Upside down)
    If anything changes when you use the brake lever, that suggests the switch is working.
    If the light gets a little brighter,that could just be the taillight coming on

If I am right, find a new dealer. If they can miss that, do not trust them with your motor.