2006 Te 610 Head Gasket Replacement

Discussion in '610/630' started by coryv, Sep 1, 2018.

1. coryv Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Hi everybody,

I am new to this thread and somewhat new to working on motorcycles. I bought a used 06 te610 that just had the head gasket replaced at Bills Husky in Salem, maybe a few hundred miles on it since. After riding for just 50 miles or so i noticed some seaping from the head gasket under the headers, and then below the intake manifold. I took it back to Bills to re torque the head..still leaked. I have since pulled the head apart. I am going to take the cylinder and head into a shop and have them milled, as the head did not seem flat. need a better straight edge though. Any input based on the pictures?

Attached Files:

2. coryv Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Here are a few pics of the inside of the cylinder. I can feel one of the vertical marks with my fingernail, though it is very slight

Attached Files:

3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Looks pretty clean and in good condition to me Cory
  4. coryv Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Thanks for the reply ghte. It seemed like some black bubbly soot near the exhaust side where it was leaking. Other wise the coloring on the valves looks ok?
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Yep the head looks good.
  6. coryv Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Any one used gear jamming tool to remove the flywheel nut? i have the whole top end off and jamming a penny on the crank gear on the right side did not work. Also, when i took the allen bolts off the cam gear, i put the bike in gear and rotated the cam gear untill it stopped and removed a nut. Then it was able to rotate another 180 degrees and it stopped again. This allowed me to get the bolts off, but could it have somehow damaged the transmission?
  7. coryv Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Brought the head into a reputible shop in Bend. They still need to put on a stone to check for flat but they took the valves apart i guess they are burnt pretty bad. I also found some metal shavings on the gears on the flywheel side, along with the epoxy on the edge of the magnets broken off and in the screen filter. It seems like there is some ware on the new reed valve. I guess the last owner replaced the cam chain and didnt propelry tighten the bolts ( he heard a noise coming from the top end after the repair and brought it to Bills). They replaced the reed valve and fixed everything but did not replace the chain. Maybe it stretched from running on loose gears? it only has a few thousand miles on it. Either way i see ware on the reed valve.

Attached Files: