1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2006 TC 250…opinions on this project needed.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motoduc84, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Motoduc84 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 250 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc MTS 620, Yam SR500, Suz RM 125B
    Greetings:

Came across this bike, which looks to be pretty clean…but it could be serious trouble! Seller (second owner of the bike) says it "needs a top end job."

I have emailed and asked about specifics…waiting to hear back. But initial thoughts are that most top end work on these four strokes is outrageously expensive and beyond the realm of mostly two stroke old school guy like me.

He only wants $800 for the bike. But a $2000 repair job won't make this seem like much of a deal. Anyone?

Kent
  2. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    Does it run?Will the seller let you do a comp.check before you buy it?Maybe drop the engine oil and check for shavings in the filter.Kind of a toss up,might just need a piston and hone.If you did buy it and its not worth fixing could you part it to get your money back?
  3. Motoduc84 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 250 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc MTS 620, Yam SR500, Suz RM 125B
    Well, checked with the fellow again. He told me that he took it in to a local shop, was told only that it was low on compression and needed a top end rebuild. Not much information...

Don't need another project bike…but this one is kind of tempting. I will see if I can take a look…any other bits of advice…things to check out? Many thanks! Help me to not be stupid!