2005 TE 450 Keihin FRC MX1 leaking from mid body

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by JoeWannaB, Mar 18, 2016.

1. JoeWannaB Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki Concours
    Greetings! I've had this bike for about a month and have been trying to get it to run right. I have lately noticed a small amount of fuel weeping from the mid body gasket plus somewhere around the pump assembly around the throttle linkage. I get a little drip of gas everytime I blip the throttle. I'm guessing that there is some pumped gas leaking somewhere. (I don't know if this is the same leak I see on the other side of the carb or something different) The mid body is fastened with what appears to be rivets with a bit of yellow paint on them (total of 4) I discovered that Jets-R-Us, as well as other places, have a mid body gasket kit but they all say these kits are not compatible with carbs with removable intakes. My carb definitely has a removable intake so I'm guessing this kit will not work. I am looking for some advice as to what to do in this situation. Is there anyone out there who repairs these carbs professionally? I am out of my element here. I really don't want to spring for a new one or even a questionable used carb. I finally got everything set just right with the carb and now I have this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Joe

BTW: Float level has been checked and is currently at 9mm, float valve and seat are in good shape too. Bike runs fine though there is a tiny bit of popping during decel.