1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2005 Husky 250TE

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by johnpsnell, Nov 18, 2014.

1. johnpsnell Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 Husky TE 250
    Hi I'm new to the forum and have already done some research on the bike(2005 250TE). I am on a budget and found this bike for sale. Headed to look at it and ride it this weekend and wanted to get some input on things I should be keeping an eye out for. Im new to these bikes but know my way around just about any engine. Look forward to getting some feedback and also to being a husky owner!
  2. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    I have a 2004. The 2005's came with larger diameter valve stems than the 2004 and came equipped with a Keihin FCR carb. Good trail bike if it isn't thrashed.
  3. johnpsnell Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 Husky TE 250
    Well he let it sit with gas in it and wasn't able to show it to me today as planned. But from the pictures it looked very clean. Heres my only problem. Its only electric start.....why didn't they put a kick start on the bike? What happens when the electric start decides to mess up on the trail and the bike shuts off?
  4. johnpsnell Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 Husky TE 250
    Has no one else ran into this problem?
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You can put a kickstart kit on it if you like. The 250 usually starts really easy on the button. Make sure it is a 2005 though, way better than 2004 models that could be hard starting.