1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2004 Wr250 Purchase!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by m1kebeck, Apr 5, 2018.

1. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    So I’m purchasing a 2004 wr250 just wondering some feedback on them. I’ve owned a yz250 and using it for trail and beach riding some street in between but it has tags. The bike is in prestine condition looks brand new! Just wondering everyone’s thoughts on them! Thanks in advance!
  2. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Why some pics are upside down is beyond me

Attached Files:

3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nice bike, they are a good all around bike.
  4. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    I think your going to love it compared to the Yamahahah
  5. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Awesome! He has a 10oz flywheel weight on it. Does that tame the bike down a lot or is it still gonna have that snappy 2t 250 power?
  6. taps Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '94 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 RMZ450, '08 RM250, & '74 MX360
    If you are looking for snappy, the FWW isn't helping. It won't hurt for trail riding though.
  7. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Yeah I read up on it I think I’ll enjoy it. I like the snappy ness for open areas but I think it’ll benefit me more with it
    taps likes this.
  8. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    The flywheel weight will soften any hit in the power, but it certainly has benefits.... better traction in mud, sand, loam, hard pack, rocks....(less hit, linear power delivery), harder to stall (Newton's law of motion).

Rarely is a flywheel weight a bad thing.

Heath
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That is a good looking bike and it has a cool looking chain guide on the rear; If you ever get any extra cycles, you could always remove the weight some day and get a ~detailed ride report on how the bikes feels with and without the FWW.
  10. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I bought one brand new. They were the 100 year edition with 100 in multiple places on the plastic. Really kind of a disappointment. marketed as quite possibly the best woods weapon or something along those lines but when the front wheel drops into a hole going downhill just about brake the wrists. Certificate of origion says 2004 but says 2002 on the steering neck. I think there was some flood in Italy around that time that made the discrepancy. A lot of bikes were being dumped on the market in that era I kind of cut my losses and never paid the sales tax and got a plate but instead got a ktm 200 which had suspension better out of the box than the husky even after like $500 of service I eventually invested in it. Years later a suspension guy told me it wasn't the valving so much as the forks binding in the situation I was having a problem with. At any rate only bike I bought that when I went to adjust the clickers the dealer already had the adjustment to the extreme way I wanted to go. The transmission is close rato. I was hoping it had a 2002 transmission when I saw that, put it in different gears and cranked the kick starter and measured how far it went in one revolution, just twice as far in fifth as in first. I still have it it is kind of my 100 year anniversary model for the museum. They were dumping cr125 for $3000 that year, I spent an extra $1250 for the wr250. At the time I thought the carb attached to the cylinder like the Yamaha was the way to go but now I think case reed is probably better.