1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2004 TE250 spark issue

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by silverfox, Jan 12, 2018.

1. silverfox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 te 350
    Hi all. Picked up a 2004 TE 250 with no spark. After doing some basic testing and being told the CDI had gone I got myself a Vortex CDI for it. Put it in and still no spark. Tried a few things and then tried an old plug. got spark?? Went down the shop and got 2 new plugs, put them in and no spark from either. Put an old 2/stroke plug in the cap and got spark. This got me thinking that maybe my stator is not producing enough spark to fire the new plugs but will fire the old ones. tried starting the bike with an old plug I found that fitted and it would fire but not run. Is there a test I can do on the stator to see if it is producing enough spark? Cannot find anything on the web so I am looking for what readings I should be getting. Anybody able to help? Don't want to send out for repair if not needed. Thanks
  2. Goose1962 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bow f800
    Hi silverfox, I also have a no spark problem on my 2004 te250, I have not managed to cure it yet but can let you know what I have done. I changed the cdi for another original that I have been assured came off a working bike, the stator has been sent off for rewind but the the company told me there was nothing wrong with it and sent it back and I have put the coil and plug on a ktm and it works fine. I have shorted the kill switch to eliminate that but still no spark. Not sure where you are but would be happy to swop any parts if that might help.
  3. silverfox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 te 350
    Hi. I ended up swapping out my stator for another, This with the Vortex ignition got mine working fine. Stator was producing a spark but not enough for it to run properly. I am in south Australia. Good luck but I would try another cdi, as its the only thing you cannot test
  4. Goose1962 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bow f800
    Hi thanks for the advice will give it a go
  5. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Check all your ground wires, and power wires to coil, the source of many of my problems on a 2010 TE450

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Goose1962 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bow f800
    Thanks for the help, I will check the wiring carefully