1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2004 cr125 power valve

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zilly, Feb 26, 2012.

1. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Okay, so once again I am needing help from the good people on this forum.

I pulled the right side of the engine on the cr to check the kick starter gears because it felt like it wasn't engaging until near the bottom of the stroke. However, the kick starter looks fine so I am not sure what the issue is...anyone else experience this?
    Maybe just in my head-at least there is something in there!

Now the problem I am dealing with and would love advice on is when I am re-installing the side cover do I need to make sure I do something with the power valve? When I slide the cover back on the actuator arm on the pv is not in the place it was in when I took it off. And that doesn't seem right.
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I suspect your spring is out of wack...125 kickstarters never break.

The kickstarter has a spring and a pawl that pushes the gear out and engages when the lever is pushed down.

Make sure the spring is on correctly....you have to wind it and place the end in a drilled hole in a boss in the case for it.

As soon as you push down on the lever the gear should move out.
  3. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Thank you, I will check tonight when I get home and post a picture if its still unclear.

When I had the cover off and put the kickstarter back on the shaft it looked like everything was working right, but I will check the spring again.
  4. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Okay I took a look at the spring it appears to have doubled over itself and is definitely out of the hole it needs to be in. The question is can I reuse this spring or should I get a new one. Hopefully this picture works.

Attached Files:

5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just wind it a bit more and put it back.
  6. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    So that "sounds" easy and I will attempt that tonight. Kind of new territory for me and while its been fun working on this bike I am ready for it to be back together so my son can ride with me.

Also still a little unsure how to realign power valve but I am probably over thinking it.
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You may have to push the arm up to get the cover on if that is what you are asking.
  8. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Got it together, thank you.
    The spring, I think was always correct, at least prior to me messing with it.
    Anyways, working great and I think the issue with the kick starter was more operator than machine.