2002 TM EN250

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by melias24, Sep 14, 2016.

1. melias24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whitsundays region, Queensland, Australia
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR125
    Hey all, so a clean 2002 TM enduro 250 has come up 3hrs away from me. As much as i'd love a Husky WR250, this is all i can find.

I was wondering has anyone ridden a TM and if so what are they like? How hard does the power come on? Only reason for me wanting a 250 is bottom end torque. I was going to go for a KTM 200exc but they seem not existent in my area.

~Elias
    robertaccio likes this.
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    TM are a very reputable brand and have a cult following. Once not heard bad things so I wouldn't hesitate aquiring one.
    Not ridden any just drooled over them.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    TM EN250 although an E model they are known for "hot" power. Pro level style of power.
    The 02 to me is more preferable due to its CrMo chassis. I would for sure ride one of these. Many engine parts are the same/compatible with OEM CR250 Honda. If she is too abrupt for your liking there are many tuning tricks to calm the storm. The Brakes on TMs are phenomenal and all the hard parts are top tier MXGP level stuff. Its a very specialized machine and sharp edged. Suspension in OEM form will be on the Pro/Stiff side for normal folks. Tuning of course to calm the storm- run her a little rich, find a torque pipe, find a flywheel weight (or have one made if possible), gear her tall to run at lower RPM to speed, I don't know about PV tuning on these. Best of luck its for sure a cool unique Italian artisan built machine.

I have only ridden 1 TM it was a Pro's (TM USA sponsored guy) TM125MX the thing was fierce and it had the sickest brakes, he is quite abit lighter than me and it was stiff for me!(Pro suspension) . The engine was very strong and was meant to ridden like a 125 is supposed to be---on the pipe at all times. This thread Reminds me I think Pete still has a TM250 maybe I can get a ride on that one.
    juicypips likes this.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Parts prices are the biggest bummer on a TM.
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Parts are no more expensive than most other bikes other than rod kits but honda and yamaha parts fit depending on 2 or 4 stroke, clutch plates from a honda fit as does the piston air filter ect
    Motor on the 2002 is a bit of a beast with plenty up top and a healthy mid but a little weak right down low in comparison to the top.
    Seats are like rock and are good for racing but a pain in the rear on trails (pun intended)
    Chassis is good but does require a bit of setup as all mine 2 or 4 stroke had a habit of climbing out of ruts whenever they felt like it until the right balance was found.
    All mine were fitted with Ohlins and no complaints at all.
    Front brake was and still is the best brake Ive ever used, So much so that every other bike I have ever owned gets a 270mm rotor before anything other gets done, Once you get used to a brake like that everything else feels like it dosnt have a brake.
    Reliability for me has always been good.
    Still thinking of getting a new one myself as I really no matter how hard I try I dont want to buy a KTM husky that why I bought a KTM 350 not the Husky , plus it was dirt cheap lol
    Fancy a 144 just for fits and giggles as the poor old 165 is getting a tad long in the tooth but still love that bike to bits,
    Oh the head aches its been causing me :lol:
  6. melias24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR125
    Yeah i do see quite a few people raving about them.

Ah ok thanks for that. I would prefer a 200exc, but they are rare in my region. I'm just hoping the top isn't too monster for me. I only want a bigger bore 2 stroke for the bottom end torque. Quite a few YZ250's around, and they seem fairly mellow.

Thanks for that, they do sound like a really good bike, but i'm just worried about the top end power!! But your recommendtions could help for that. Thanks
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Comparing the 2 bikes you just mentioned, the TM is world class, exotic, especially an '02 model; YZ is tried and true, reliable as a hammer with a huge aftermarket for parts. You can easily make a YZ do whatever you want, not sure about an old TM. Not that I don't love the exotic stuff, but just saying :cheers:
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Had to have a look, I see a bunch of TMs from that era with Ohlins!
    tm__moto_250_two_stroke_enduro_2002_2_lgw.jpg
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    That silencer looks like a torpedo, it's huge!
  10. melias24 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR125
    Very attractive bikes!! Though i'd love to go back to a Yamaha, but people seem to love these TM's!!
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Get it. Ride it. If you don't like it, sell it. You'll never know if ya don't try.
    tonybalony, melias24 and NCSteve like this.