2002 TE570--Single Track Compatible?

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by brucifer, Jun 12, 2015.

1. brucifer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda, Husaberg, Kaw, Yam.
    Hello guys, new TE570 owner here--my first Husky.
    So far I really like this bike but I have a couple questions. Is there any way to tame down the off-idle snappy/aggressive throttle response? I ride a lot of 1st gear tight single track and it's a bit of a workout to keep the beast smooth and not lurchy and abrupt when feeding in just off idle small throttle increments.
    I know with other makes you can get aftermarket throttle tube cams that slow the cable movement down but I have so far been unable to locate one for the Husky.
    Secondly, the seat is less than comfortable. lol It's hard and narrow. Is there an aftermarket one available for this bike? Again, I haven't seen anything for it.

I know using this bike for single track probably isn't the best terrain for it (I've used XR600s and 650Rs in the same area) but there's also open logging roads and two track all in the same area so one bike needs to do it all--and I'm a big-bore four-stroke fan.

Anyhow, any input is greatly appreciated.

A couple pics of said bike.

DSC02756.JPG DSC02759.JPG
  2. ghettopenny Husqvarna
    AA Class

I need the same information. I struggle with single track on my '01. It's a workout!
  3. brucifer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    These bikes sure are fun though, aren't they?

I think I have cured my single track issue--I bought a 2002 Kawasaki KLX300R. :) It should arrive Wednesday.
    I'll use the Kawie for trail building/maintenance and general putting around with my buddy on his XR200R and the mighty TE570 will be used for busting a move everywhere else. :) :banana:
  4. ghettopenny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Funny. That's what I do too. I'm heading to Hatfield McCoy in the morning. Taking the 570 for covering ground and ripping up wide trails. Taking my Husaberg TE300 for the technical stuff. The 570 leaves me exhausted but smiling. The 300 let's me show off for my buddies.
  5. 2strokefixer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 400 xc, '01 te570, '99 wr250
    Nice bike! I have its older brother. '01 te570. These bikes are loads of fun. I'm up in Tahoe, most of the riding we do is on the rubicon. Lots of rocks and single track. The bike is a bit heavy for this kind of stuff, but it handles it well. We all seem to be in the same boat... I just bought another husky, a '99 wr250. I think it'll be fun in the rubicon.
  6. brucifer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ya know, it's all relative but this thing feels light to me, coming off of an XR600. :) It's just the abrupt off-idle throttle response that gets to be a workout for me.
    My buddy who has the XR200 just got an '86 CR500 given to him by his brother-in-law. That will be a good counterpart to the 570. :) So, we won't be doing single track all the time now. :cool:
    Another riding buddy has the exact bike you just got--'99 WR250. He really likes it but he kinda prefers his older Huskies. He has a few late '70s bikes--a 250, 390 and a 400, if I recall correctly. One's an auto.
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    sounds like you have a good group of riding friends
    brucifer likes this.
  8. brucifer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, I sold the KLX300 and bought an '04 KTM 525EXC. I'm keeping the Husky though. I had it up for sale for a while but interest was nearly zero and the responses I did receive were pretty lowball offers. It's a great bike that most people aren't familiar with and I think the lack of e-start and not being street titled are a lot of the reason this bike gets not much more than a passing glance.
    I love this bike, though. It's crazy fast and a hoot to ride--and a big thing for me is it's ergonomically comfortable, me being a gangly six foot two. :cool:
    I've had regrets over selling certain bikes in the past and I don't want this one to be a part of that. :)
    shrubitup and justintendo like this.
  9. brucifer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just got back from a couple hour single track/logging road mud ride. I'll say it again--I love this bike! :banana:
    shrubitup likes this.
  10. brucifer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, hello again guys!
    Unfortunately I did end up selling the 570 and the KTM. Yes, I'm an idiot. However, I'm on the lookout for another or possibly a Husaberg FE600 or 650. Just really depends on the deal and how far away the bike is.
    I've contacted a couple people selling 570s here in Ca. but they're pretty much at the opposite end of the state. We'll see what happens...

Hope all is well with everyone!

Bruce
  11. Super165 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 WXC 610
    I ride my 96 610 in tight woods and mx. I think the trick to riding these big bikes in the woods is to just take it easy and just enjoy the bike. All the power and weight really become an issue, when I start pushing the pace in tight areas.

I also have a Husaberg FC600. It is 25 lbs lighter than my Husky, but also has more power and revs much faster. I can definitely feel the weight difference while riding, but the power on the Berg is so much more abrupt, that it is harder to ride than the Husky in the tight stuff.
    brucifer and rancher1 like this.