2002 FBF CR250.Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Joey Thompson, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 cr 250-former fbf factory bike.
    FBF CR250. FBF shock and 50mm Marzocchis.JD dual mapping with switch. Black DID shoulderless wheels. Titanium subframe(very rare),pegs,front/rear axle,swingarm bolt,brake pivot bolt,triple clamp bolts,h bar bolts and few more pieces. 2C pipe. Billet triple clamps,and billet clutch basket from FBF. Had to be FBF race bike because of AMA pro inspection sticker on frame.Also has all brake lines safety wired like a factory team would have done. I know it's old but wonder what it be worth.Runs perfect.
  2. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    pictures would help
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Yeah, no pics=didn't happen :cheers:
  4. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 cr 250-former fbf factory bike.
    Sorry thought I posted pics.

Attached Files:

oldbikedude, NCSteve and gots_a_sol like this.
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    In my opinion, it's def a rare and collectable bike, looks great with lots of primo parts. Hard part is finding that rare collector interested in that era Husky. I'd be into it on a vet MX track, but wouldn't be interested in paying collector $$ for it. If it doesn't generate much interest around here, I doubt you'll get top dollar for it elsewhere.
    If it was mine, and since Husky is so popular now, I would take it to the races and ride it around. Then hang a for sale sign on it and see who bites.
    Also, could list on ebay with a high reserve, post it on craigslist, and see if there's any interest.
    I've talked to FBF and they were really nice and helpful. Call 'em up and tell them what you've got.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, no matter how much you invested. I'm not into collecting or garage queens myself. I like to ride and race and that's how i get my moneys worth out of my investment.

:cheers:
    ct cr430 and ray_ray like this.
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm not really sure how to verify if it is truly a fbf bike..from what I've understood you could basically buy every single part to make one and some people did...i had a fbf 125....or did i?? Ya it had all the same stuff as yours pretty much..lol..but I'm still not sure...its amazing how much money some parents will spend to make there kid feel like a hero..collectability?? Not sure...probably worth a little more then your average old bike ..i think you would have ALOT better luck on eBay then cafe husky...there are many many people not familiar with this site...that use ebay...nevertheless a.cool bike! Don't quite me but I thought the cylinder should also be stamped fbf...and mine with the black fork tubes also had a fbf decal on the fork tubes...i thought (been a long time) the name said (sky) and it had rider weight and fork spring rate has well....was a cool bike..01 I think...and refused to blow up.....