1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2000 model WR360 gearing problem..

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by fatboycrash, Dec 27, 2008.

1. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Gudday!
    So over the Xmas period I've decided to give my 2000 model WR360 a bit of love, replace swing arm and linkage bearings and some new chain and sprockets. I've ordered the standard 15/48 sprockets and as I went to put the 15 tooth sprocket on, it just ever so slightly fowls the swing arm... It's a chain gang sprocket, super good quality form these guys usually.
    http://www.chaingang.com.au/
    Anyone struck this problem? What did you do? There would only be .5 a millimeter in it.. The teeth just clip the swingarm. 15/48 is meant to be standard gearing I thought? I do like the idea of using the lare size sprockets, less work for the chain etc. What's everyone else using on the WR360?
    Regards
    FBC
  2. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Been using 15/48 on my 360 with no swingarm rub. It is darn close though. Thats also stock gearing. Maybe the chain gang sprockets are just a little larger.
  3. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

The Husqvarna sprocket clears but others can have a slightly larger tooth height and have a slight interference.

My swingarm has been slightly grooved in a previous life from what I assume was a situation such as you have encountered.

It hasn't caused any problems but I would be happier if it wasn't there.