1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2 stroke w/ least vibration? 150 or 250?

Discussion in '2st' started by keving75, Apr 6, 2017.

1. keving75 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300 xc
    I currently ride a 2008 KTM 300. The vibration after 2 hours or more than I want to deal with so I am considering a new bike.

I initially was looking for a 150, but with the newer 250/300's having a counter-balance, which would have the least vibes?

I like buying a bike and keeping it for 6-10 years, so I want to make the most informed decision.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    There's lots of ways to reduce vibrations and lots of issues that cause excessive vibes. If you're talking yourself into a new bike the new counter balanced motor is said to be very smooth.
    :cheers:
  3. Rollie Wolk Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have ridden

17 300xc - very smooth, way less vibration than previous years.

17 te150 - smooth due to small pistion but still a little buzzy, wouldn't bother me though.

17 te250 - rode it yesterday and is so freaking smooth it is ridiculous, when you let off the gas it almost feels like it quit running, my opinion is the 250 has less vibration although if you prefer the 150 I wouldn't rule it out over just that.
    keving75 and NCSteve like this.
  4. keving75 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300 xc
    That is helpful info. I think finding a 150 will be harder to find than the 250, at least with my 2 local dealers. I may look at the 250 now. Wish I could ride all 3 before deciding.
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

150 guys will get mad....250...resale should be better...can bring more places.....marginally heavier.....150 a bit overpriced...vibes probably pretty close.... Estart on a small bore wtf????
    Picklito likes this.
  6. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc

Now Fletch, "If you're going to be like that..."
    I don't care how small the engine is. When you're stuck on the side of a steep slippery hill and the kicker is on the other side and you can barely stand up...
  7. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    purchase twisted engineering bars reduce the vibe by atleast 50%, worth the money, no extra weight and you can put them on a new bike

made a good difference to my 300 vibes
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    What is also nice..... On start, by time the guy next to you has the kicker down by the foot peg. You are already leaving the starting line.

Also, if you crash. You pull clutch in and hit start button as your lifting the bike.
    Huge time saver all around.
    raylesk and johnnyboy like this.
  9. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    I have to say, not on a 150, but this weekend raced on my 300 and off the line tried both e-start and kick at the same time and had great results. Wish Graphics had come in before the race.......Doh! IMG_7621.PNG
    dartyppyt likes this.
  10. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    BTW, the vibration on the new 300 has not been an issue. Feels really good.
    Benjimoto likes this.
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I get the estart thing... Just wondering what that thing would weigh with all the restart stuff off??? Rarely do I stall a properly tuned woods engine...
  12. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Assuming your 08 is pretty much the same as my 2010 300 exc my poor ravaged wrists love it compared to the previous 4 KTMs owned. We currently have a 2012 ktm 150sx and its pretty smooth too vibe wise. If youre happy to fang it and keep it in the band then its high speed low vibration bliss..in the tighter stuff. But the Husky WR250 really is like velvet unless its treated unreasonably. Love it so much. I havent had a go on the new counterbalanced 2 strokes yet but the lower capacities would probably be the go if vibration is an issue. Bet of luck with it mate.