1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

1st time Husky owner (smr)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by seth505, Jan 26, 2015.

1. seth505 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250sx, Suzuki RM125
    Really pumped to say I just picked up a 2010 SMR 450. It is mostly stock but I can tell it has the power up jazz already done and an IMS oversize tank.

Few questions!
    1) When I come to a stop I tend to lightly blip the throttle as I click down to 1st gear, the bike is stalling out when I do that. I assume this can be remedied with a tune (ibeat?)
    2) All the electrical works other than the brake light when I hit the front/rear brakes. Found the little brake light button just hanging on the front of the bike but haven't noticed how to hook it back up so the lever actuates it. Lastly, I guess I need to go look at the fuses/bulbs to make sure that is all working.

Can't wait to rip on her!
  2. seth505 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250sx, Suzuki RM125
    Went over the bike and figured out the lights, not sure why I am talking to myself on here... :cheers:
  3. nidingr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE510 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 1991
    Congratz with the bike! Hope you're happy with it. A tune should fix the problems you're having, and give you a better responce. Electrical problems are comon with the husqvarna, and I've often blown a fuse on my TE510.. Would recomend you to get most of the nuts and bolt secured with some wire, since its alot of vibrations
  4. seth505 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250sx, Suzuki RM125

Right on, I went over the bike and to my surprise, everything was torqued properly and no blown fuses. So far so good, just need to figure out the tune issue.
  5. JCR195 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SMR 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 GSXR 750 14 Hyper SP 06 CRF450X
    Congrats as well, I bought a slightly used 09 SMR 450 with the powerup kit already installed. The bike with its six speed gearbox is much different than riding a five speed gearbox CRF450X SM. No electrical issues but I dont blame for upgrading the fuel tank, stock is very small and the fuel cap is terrible when you top it off.