1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1996 /1999 TE610 ignition enquiry

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Harry_hyde, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Harry_hyde Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello all.

I have a 1996 TE610 which is fitted with the SEM stator and flywheel with the 6 wire output. I also have the red coil to go with this.

The bike however has had all of its wiring cut about so I bought a second hand loom, clocks, switchgear, CDI and coil to replace what I had. This loom has the separate Ducati CDI and coil arrangement with the 4 pin plug and loose wire connection.

I have another bike which I'm plundering for spares and this is a 1999 TE610 which has the integrated Ducati CDI and coil fitted. This also has a ruined loom so no easy transplant there.

My question is in two parts.

Firstly, can I take the flywheel and generator from the 1999 engine and fit it to my 1996 engine? Is the cut out in the flywheel in the same place, are the generator mounting holes the same?

Secondly, if I can fit the generator and flywheel, will this then run the separate cdi and coil that I have on my replacement loom?

I'm open to other suggestions that might lessen my pain. I've tried Electrex in the UK and asked if their RO20 rotor and the G701 generator would fit my 1996 bike and run my loom but have had no response to my enquiry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to get the bike running and then attend to the non-functioning brakes and leaking forks.

Cheers.

Jody.
  2. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes you can put the 99 te 610 ducati on your 96 engine.
    Then the best is to keep the black cdi (99+ from memory).
    You can replace the blue cdi + electronic device on the fork by the black 99+ cdi.
    (less weight)
    Bobine Ducati.JPG

HPIM4888 - Copie.JPG
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. Harry_hyde Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Michel.

Thanks for coming back to me. So, the flywheel fits ok and the generator bolts in place with no special instructions?

Is the black CDI a direct replacement for the CDI box and coil in terms of electrical connectors or will I have to modify the loom? My loom is at my friends place so I'll get him to check what connections there are on it.

Thanks again.

Jody.
  4. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You need to adjust something 36 ° to TDC. Must be the same thing that on a SEM.
    I have the instructions in french, but can be found in english with café husky fans in the right section ( husqvarna motorcycle italy)
    or here:
    http://husqvarnaoutlet.com/repair_manuals

The flywheel wiring clips in the black cdi.
    The yellow wire is for lighting , etc...

DSCN8337[1].JPG
  5. Harry_hyde Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks again, that's great help.

For the flywheel, do you know the size of the thread on the puller? I haven't managed to get the nut off yet but want to order a puller. I think it is 27mm but not sure on pitch or what hand the thread is.

Thanks again.

Jody.
  6. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The puller can be bought at an hva dealer #16 15 133 02

RH 28 x 1.5