1990-1991 350/610 WXE/WXC Questions

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by HardCoreHusky, Dec 8, 2013.

1. HardCoreHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 350WXE, 2004 TC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Royal Enfield Bullet, 91 KTM 250
    Looking at various older Husky's and came across a few bikes of this era. Just wondering how getting parts for them is compared to earlier or later Husky's. The first few years of the Cagiva built bikes seems to be in a grey area, forgotten, and info is hard to find. Anyone have opinions on these bikes, and what I should look for

2. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Went on a couple long rides years ago (mid 90's) with a guy who had a highly modified '91 610. He said it was the lighter motocross model and was a 5spd. I rode it and it was WAY faster and lighter feeling than my then newer '95 610. It had not so good White Power suspension and weak brakes, but the engine, which he said had the full Uptite treatment: piston, porting, pipe, cam, etc., was bad ass.

I would think parts availability would be a downside, but the engine should be pretty similar to the more common '92 and up. My only issue with these was the powerful but fragile SEM ignitions. George at Uptite would know everything about them I'm sure. I see some stuff pop up on ebay, but rarely. DC plastics lists a few items https://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/home.php.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    '90 is still a 510. Most parts still crossover to Swedish Huskys. No 350 and 610 until '91. The '91 bikes are one year only models and were totally redone for '92, so some specific parts are hard to find.
  4. HardCoreHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 350WXE, 2004 TC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Royal Enfield Bullet, 91 KTM 250
    I ended up buying a one owner 91 350 WXE. Everything is there in good working condition (except for the rear tail light assembly) and all the decals are intact. Highly original and not hacked or bodged. I like that it still looks like the Swedish bikes, a transitional bike: the last of, the first of, the only of!!

Attached Files:

SwedeHusky likes this.
  5. Dirtbikeerdad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 511, 2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas 300, 1974 Hodoka Super Combat
    Hall-Cycles.com They are in Springfield, IL and have amazing stock of a crazy number of years of Husky parts not to mention they are great to work with. I (along with many of my friends) have been dealing with them for well over 20 years and have never had a bad experience. Good luck! Go Husqvarna My favorite Husky was my 92 WXE 360, man I wish I still had it.