1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1987 WR250

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by husqyman, Oct 21, 2018.

1. husqyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 XC430, 1987 250WR.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 955i
    Hi not been on here for quite a while, since I was last I have managed to retire nice and early thanks pension arrangements coming in nicely (more by luck by getting the Job & pension in 1988 before the gov'mt privatised the Nuclear industry & then pensions got protected by an act of parliament)
    Sold the XC430 last year (the back wouldn't let me kick it any more) got some more bikes, A 1971 Norton Commando Fastback, and a 1959 James Captain & Francis Barnett Falcon 81 of the same vintage. View attachment 91771 View attachment 91771 James 001.JPG 71fasback 007.JPG
    Anyway long story short. I also have a 1987 WR250 and in need of new fork tubes (40mm) anyone in the UK know of any anywhere? or what manufacturer are the same ie Cagiva etc. Or will have to go down the re Chroming route. Thanks in advance.
    Kev W.
    Steve-F likes this.
  2. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

EBAY.CO.UK
    114 £
    ajcmbrown likes this.
  3. husqyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 XC430, 1987 250WR.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 955i
    Thank visiteur. can't find them, more looking for new tubes though.
    Kev.
  4. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    If there is no pitting in the travel portion of the tubes you can run them . Pitting between the triples is merely cosmetic
  5. husqyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 XC430, 1987 250WR.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 955i
    Thanks jimspac problem is chrome has worn through & one legs weeps. Looks like re chroming & grind. The main UK company Phillpotts have quoted £138 if forks stripped inc collection & delivery.
    Kev.
  6. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    In the past I have gotten excellent tubes by buying fork sets on eBay. I am sure the pickings are slim now for that. So many lie when you ask a question.
    husqyman likes this.
  7. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    ive had good results with minor pitting in the seal area by sanding with 1500# paper. its a short term reduce the oil leaking fix to ride and test a bike and has been effective with bikes that have sat and pitted and not been ridden. if you have wearing on the fork chrome, best get a set of bushes for the sliders, they are cheap. phil and andy have them
    husqyman likes this.
  8. husqyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 XC430, 1987 250WR.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 955i
    The Bike has been stripped and in various boxes in the garage. Been buying odd bits and pieces as they popped up. Bought a case with kicker in it for £28 on evilbay when I pointed out to the seller the damage around the o ring groove on the water pump face that he didn't mention. he apologised and refunded me and said keep the case, nice bloke. I bought another assortment of side cases (4) and airboxes/filter cages, of which one of the side cases is perfect (just need to transfer kicker assy into it) & two are repairable (impact damage on the clutch area) frame going to powdercoat soon. The forks will be getting a total strip & rebuild. And Andy at HVA should be relieving me of some of my hard earned as well (main source for this era Husky parts in the UK). As I am that far into it engine strip & new seals/bearings and anything else while I am in there.
    Kev.
  9. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    well worth going the whole hog as you can be pretty sure it will last another 30 years ...if it doesnt, you should have a path of redress..or is that warpath??