1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1984 250wr Kickstart (new Style Or Old Style)

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by btcca4, Apr 6, 2023.

1. btcca4 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Going to go look at a '84 250WR. Haven't spoke to the owner yet, but it seems to have the old style kickstart lever on it. I know Husky had a newly designed kicker for '84. Has anyone else seen this? I'm just trying to go into this possible purchase a little more educated.
    According to the ID chart, some '84 250WR's came with the "2089" engine which is also used in the '83. My thinking is some '84's still had the old kicker. Am I correct in assuming this? Thanks!
  2. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many vintage big bore and automatics
    Yes many of the 84's still used the same kick start lever as the 83's. Easy enough to change the kick lever later if you decide to. The "84" kick lever was still steel but slightly longer and straighter. The 85 kick levers were made of aluminum.

Marty
  3. btcca4 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Thanks for the reply! I remember an old Cycle World article that said something to the effect of, "New for 1984" referring to the kicker as they tested the '84 250WR. I'm not particular either way, I just want to be a bit more educated on the subject when I go look at this bike.

1984 Husky parts catalogs only show the straight kicker, with no "to & from" footnotes.

Thanks again!