1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1984 250 Cylinder measurement

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by 1982 XC 430, Sep 24, 2016.

1. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello, I'm in need of the length of the liner. I need to know how far the Liner extends into the bottom end. So either a total length or the distance from the base gasket to the bottom of the Liner. I have another bike I could get this measurement from, but as we all know once I have that one apart I will feel obligated to rebuild the whole thing and another snow ball will form.
    suprize and oldbikedude like this.
  2. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Air cooled ? I will be out in garage in an hour and can measure for you.
  3. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes Air Cooled. I think that it should be the same for LC as well probably from 82 to 86. The 87-88 longer stroke motors might of changed a bit.
  4. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    I got hi jacked for a while. 8.60 mm 84 wr air cooled Surface right next to sleeve
    oldbikedude likes this.
  5. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510TE , 300WR Etc...
    134m/m long - all 250 liners from 82 except the power valve motor which is longer stroke and 133m/m long.

Andy
  6. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanx for the replies. Trying it build a new Liner without the lower 1/2 of the old one. It was made with the Piston at the bottom of the Transfers, and then making the bottom of the Liner end at the bottom of the Piston. Its now being shipped back to me to fit on the Lower end. If anything the Liner is a bit long, and some material will need to be removed. If so I have a Lathe and Mill so this shouldn't be a problem. However, it will mean that the Piston will be below the Liner at BDC.