1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1983 CR500 Top Triple clamp washer Dimensions

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by HuskyT, Apr 3, 2010.

1. HuskyT Moderator

see 83 Parts PDF page 12 http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17051&postcount=5

Can anyone give me the actual dimensions for the washers used on the bottom of the steering stem . I.D. / O.D / Thickness of :

Item # 33 PN# 15 12328-01 (corrected my error ) goes underneath the lower bearing and against the top of the lower
    Item #29 PN# 15 12325-01 ( corrected my error) triple goes underneath the lower triple and against the retaining washer /circlip

Edit - Information listed here is now correct! Thanks Steve!

T
  2. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

not got one

i hav 40mmforks on or 390 79 and i havnt got that washer it still works ok,doesnt catch.
  3. HuskyT Moderator

I am primarily looking for Item #29 the lower washer on the bottom side. I have now located the correct "albeit" used washer in my junk box for under the bearing based on Steve's post :thumbsup::cheers::applause:

Will machine a new one at work out of 316 SST next week if someone can give me the dimensions for # 29...

Thanks, T
  4. HuskyT Moderator

Which one are you missing Pat...? It looks like # 29 has been missing off my bike for years.

I am assuming that you have the one under the bottom bearing?

T
  5. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

nope

havnt got one under bottom bearing,didnt know it should hav one until just,i hav even put new bearings on today and seals,it all works fine and doesnt catch frame so think it will be ok.29 is under big circlip dont want rip new bearing off just to replace washer,what does it do? 33 im missing 15 12328-01
  6. HuskyT Moderator

PatGas,

I am using 40 mm forks off of a 1983 CR50o on my 1980 CR 390 Resto.

From what I can tell the thin washer allows room for the rubber seal. It keeps it from rubbing on the lower triple. Spaces the bearing almost exactly the same thickness as the rubber seal that is attached to the bearing.

See my CR390 resto thread and pics...for more detail http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showpost.php?p=87928&postcount=119 I just put these pics in here tonight after putting the wrong washer in earlier today. Sucks but I stripped it off and redid it the correct way.

T
  7. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

no

my seal fits nsugly into bottom of frame,and doesnt rub on triple clamp dont think i want to strip it all off just to put a washer in ?
  8. HuskyT Moderator

I think it is fine either way...:thumbsup: