1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1982 wr250 stator install/set timing

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by triumphbob69, Jan 15, 2014.

1. triumphbob69 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    69 and 76 bonny 68 tiger 69 reconstr
    picked upa 1982 wr250 with the stator and flywheel removed....looks like the stator bracket can mount to the case in 3 different positions but the stator can only mount to the bracket in one possible position....can anyone tell me the correct position/installation of the stator and adaptor bracket?...thanks
  2. PEZBerq Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    390AMX, 430XC, 240WR, 2x510TE, FE501
    SEM or Motoplat doesn't matter. Mounting arrangement is similar. Mounting is pretty obvious due to the stator wires being located besides the hole in the ignition housing in the crankcase. Stator mount to plate is also obvious.

WR came stock with SEM with 70 watt lighting output CR and XC used Motoplats. XC would be external flywheel mini 6 Motoplat with 35 watts lighting, CR would be internal rotor Motoplat with no lights.Assume it was a SEM that was removed.

You need the correct mount plate to match the stator type you select. They are all different. Also flywheel nuts are different depending in the ignition you select.

For enduro or trail I suggest the SEM or Motoplat mini 6 ignitions. Motoplat internal rotor is very snappy and more suited to MX.

Have fun!
    justintendo likes this.
  3. triumphbob69 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes, I took the "obvious" road and installed with the wires closest to the opening in the case....maybe someone replaced this part or bracket at one time, who knows, ill have to check the names I guess on the parts. I wasn't sure if there were alignment marks anywhere or if the large hole in the flywheel meant anything...thanks for the input
  4. PEZBerq Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    390AMX, 430XC, 240WR, 2x510TE, FE501
    Show us a photo of the ignition and we can be more helpful.
  5. triumphbob69 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ok. sounds like a plan...will try and get one one on here today..