1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1982 250XC Question

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Puckerbush, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Puckerbush Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '79 390 CR and '08 TE510
    I recently acquired this engine along with many other parts and have determined based on the frame number that it belongs to a 1982 250XC. The question I have is what is supposed to be attached to the clutch cover where there are three screw holes. It beats the heck out of me. I have included pics of both the outside and inside of the cover.
    Thanks in advance. DSCN0182.JPG DSCN0207.JPG
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thats a cover for a later water cooled that someone has pluged the holes for use in an Air Cooled engine. I happens as older covers become rarer. Patterns for boltas and all other "stuff" is same so that is another reason folks do it. Better than a non running bike for sure.
  3. Puckerbush Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '79 390 CR and '08 TE510
    I had no idea. Thanks. It isn't exactly asthetically pleasing, but it will keep the oil in.
  4. Puckerbush Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '79 390 CR and '08 TE510
    I have another question about the 82 250XC. I can only find six case screws on the mag side and none on the clutch side (except the cover screws) And it seems the screws that keep the case together do not extend beyond the back of the crank. On earlier models there are nine screws with 3 being inside the mag area. What keeps the case together around the crank cavity?
  5. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had an LC cover on my 430 A/C, it had an ally blank cut out bolted on to the pump cover. Painted didn't really show.