1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1979 OR 250

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by cemetrykeeper, Dec 1, 2016.

1. cemetrykeeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 tc 250 2011 TE 511, 79 OR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 300rr
    Hi
    I have recently bought an OR250 with the intention of competing in a few Vinduros and possible the 3 day ISDE in france next year. having wanted to own a classic husqvarna for a few years i look forward to the challenge of restoring the 250 to the best of my ability( with the help of Cafe Husky).
    could you kind people out there help with regards set up, what rear mudguard for enduros, what rear shocks to fit(curnitt at mo), wiring for light? gear box oil/ premix and any other usfull info that may help.
    thanks for taking time to read
  2. disonny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 360 wr/rt, 75 wr250 78 cr250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 wr250, 84 wr400
    Sounds like big plans! Most husky's came with Ohlin shocks. There are plenty of parts for them and they work great. As for the rest of your questions, It's your personal preference. The oil questions will get you a million different answers. I use Motul for the pre-mix and ATF in the trans. Fenders are available in both MX and enduro. Wiring is pretty simple. You can do the lighting yourself. Just make sure the ignition has the lighting coil. Good luck with it!!
  3. euro bikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ohlin's came on the 1980 you should have Currantts(spelling isn't right) the 1980 shocks should fit yours .
  4. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    look in in thread "vintage restoration projects " with pictures
    your HUSQVARNA !
  5. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    oil: go with a good quality oil at 40:1 castor 927 is popular for that nice caster smell... atf - f (the borg warner oil) is good or straight 30 wt (briggs and Stratton oil). I would chase Ohlins for your ride, excellent shocker.