1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1978 cr 250

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Wally, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Wally Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 430
    These are pictures of my '78 CR. I accidently deleted the before pictures. I bought two of these. Not much to look at, but they were both complete. I should have put these on when I first started by I got carried away. After seeing Schimmelaw's 420, I decided to get one of the running and yes I will be riding them.
    Here's a few pic's so far...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

18" rim on back
    Front end and brakes are from an '83
    Custom pipe
    Engine is totally stock
  2. HuskyT Moderator

Nice Bike Wally! Looks Great.

Where are you at in CA?

T
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that looks awesome. Man this Vintage site is taking off, good stuff. :cheers:
  4. Trailridernut Husqvarna
    A Class

:thumbsup:Looking good! You have taken your time and it shows.
  5. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wally,
    SWEEEEEEETTT !! SWEEEEEEETTTT!!! SWEEEETTTTT ! Beautiful resto. More pix. Love the black rims. Would love to see some detail shots of the control set-up and rear backing plate/hub. Badas@ shock set-up you got there too.

No doubt you will be the envy of the pits and your riding buddies.
    Rick
  6. HuskyT Moderator

Second round of comments... I love the black case and jug.... perfect with the black wheels/rims and the ultra cool pipe....

T
  7. hvaloz2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

like it but prefer to have the red std tank so much more euro gp than the yellow 125cr tank or if you as old as me the old 73 460 yellow tank "widowmaker" as ridden by Bryan wild man Wade in the Ken Hall trophy scramble of that year. Hope you fit green no plates but i think in the states 77 c 250 cr came with white ?? your 78 should have green... also the purist in me would like to see black grips and black ohlins primary springs.... gonna get my rims done in black on my 78 250 cr in the uk !
  8. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Beautiful ...nice job..
    Glad to read you will be riding it.. I'll be riding my '71 400...
    I believe not riding your husky is like 'saving' your girlfriend for her next boyfriend..

(This site may have younger folks on it so I didn't go into detail, but ya get my gist)....
  9. HuskyT Moderator

That may be the post / quote of the week....:D:busted:
  10. Murph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Your bike looks great.

I am currently rebuilding a 390 which has a modified 1980 XC frame and a 1979 OR motor, and you have just convinced me to respray my tank yellow. I will be fitting yellow M Robert mudguards and have been toying with the idea of black rims and a yellow tank.

I will be putting some pics on here hopefully later today of my progress.
  11. Wally Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 430
    1978 CR 250 Update

Thought I'd add these pic's.
    It's almost done. Just added fenders. Fenders might look funny in the pictures, I have left the plastic on them to protect them. Waiting for seat and number plates. Then it's done.................Possibly FOR SALE

Attached Files:

12. HuskyT Moderator

Absolutely amazing work Wally... I love the yellow tank and the way it offsets against the matte black forklegs ... plus the Easton Bars...to cool!:thumbsup::cheers::applause:

Great combination of everything!!!

More info and pics of your pipe and silencer please! Would like to see the mounts and how you joined the pipe to the silencer...

T
  13. Wally Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 430
    Pipe

Husky T, Thanks for the compliments. But I had alot of help . From a lot of people, even you. I must have gone to your post a hundred times. I took a rolling frame, with a fuel tank to Maico only, Eric made a pipe right there for me. He did a really great job considering I had no real mounts or anything. So I will send you some pictures. Thanks again, Walt
  14. rescuerob1 Husqvarna

Very NICE!!
  15. Murph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looking lovely. The only thing I am personally not keen on are the bars, mainly because of the splash of red on the bars and pad. Just plain black with no extra colour would have been my choice, but other than that, well done, the bike looks gorgeous. :thumbsup:

Is that gearlever standard or an aftermarket one? What is it if it's not standard?
  16. Wally Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 430
    For sale

Just thought I'd let you know it's "FOR SALE" as soon as seat is done!

Thanks,
    Walt
  17. mcd Husqvarna

Wally-
    We talked in the restaurant in Willows today. What's the asking price?
  18. Wally Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 430
    rhub.JPG rhub1.JPG rhub2.JPG

Gary, Here are the pics for '82 rear hub