1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1976 WR 360 Help

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by BobbyKRussell, Apr 1, 2016.

1. BobbyKRussell Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, BMW R90/6, Honda Dream
    Hey there,

I am in the process of restoring my WR but the bottom end is in worse shape than expected.
    I am having a really hard time locating the bottom end for a WR 360 anywhere online so my question was this:

Can I take a WR 250 Bottom end and put the Crank / top end from a 360 on it as a direct swap?
    My initial thinking is that I could do this but I am having a hard time finding any info on this anywhere.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
  2. moto_surfer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430XC/ Silver Streak/TE300
    I'd also love to hear your question answered. I have a incomplete 360 motor off a parts bike and a 250WR rider that would be fun to bump up to a 360.
  3. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many vintage big bore and automatics

No the cases are different were the cylinder fits into the cases. The 250 cases have to small of an opening for the 360 cylinder to fit in.

Marty
    moto_surfer likes this.
  4. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    With most of the cranks I have rebuilt, usually the only part I use again is the webs. The shafts are usually worn where the bearings sit, and the oil seals wear a nice groove. No end of new seals will cure that. The rod kits come with a new big end pin anyway. If you plan on keeping the bike and using it, then why not replace those parts.
    Pictures would help.
    moto_surfer likes this.
  5. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    The 250 centercases have too small of a crank well to take the 360 crankshaft. That is not such an issue with the primary kick centercases as Husqvarna saved quite a bit of capital by making the centercases with a reduction web for 250 applications and removed for the big bore applications