1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1976 WR 360 - Atlanta GA

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by BobbyKRussell, Mar 31, 2016.

1. BobbyKRussell Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, BMW R90/6, Honda Dream
    Hey there everyone this is my first post here, but I have been lurking around for a while on the forums getting as much information as I can about my recently acquired Husky.

I have recently started a full restore on my 1976 WR 360 that I purchased at Barber Vintage last October. I rode the ole girl a few times before the engine seized up so I decided to go ahead and do a full restore so I could race this bike eventually in AHRMA races here in the south. Here is a photo of the bike before I started this process:

[IMG]

I have the manual downloaded and have learned a lot thanks to this forum but I am finally at the point where I am in need of some specific help, and would love some input so here goes.

At the moment I have my bike completely apart and engine cases split. I have had the frame powder coated and even ordered a brand new top end from Millennium Technologies. They re-plated the old head and I have brand new pistons etc for the bike.Super great company and the work they have done is flawless. Ive gone through and replaced fork seals, wheel bearings and I am in the process of lacing up the new wheels.

Here is the frame at the moment:

[IMG]

Anyway my question at the moment is this.
    Will a CR Engine Case work as a direct replacement for a WR engine case?
    I ask because upon investigating the cases I have found some concerning damage and I am having a hard time locating a good WR 360 case. If I swap out the transmission and bolt on my new top end / crank will a CR 250 bottom end work?

Here is the damage I have found to the kick starter and bottom end :

[IMG]

+

[IMG]

Any thoughts on the matter would be super helpful! Or if you happen to be selling a WR 360 bottom end that would be even better ;)
  2. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    Can't see the pictures ..... :(
  3. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I would think the cases would interchange between 1975 & 1976 but watch out for the front engine mount on later(upto 1979 390) as it started as single bolt then transitioned to 2 bolt. Not really a big issue but would require updated front engine mounts.

Using a 250CR will not likely work because there are different centercase gaskets between the 250 and 360 models(larger flywheels on 360)