1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1975-76 360 CR Questions

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Tahitian_Red, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Tahitian_Red Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I'm beginning to doubt I'm gonna find a '77 390CR anytime soon, so anyone have info or opinions about the 1975 or 1976 360CR's? Problem areas I should look for? Any setup secrets?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)
  2. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Don't give up, I was looking for years for a 77 390CR when one popped up on Craigslist end of last summer. Three hour drive and three hundred dollars later, It was mine.
  3. HuskyT Moderator

I watched Craigslist and E- bay for 2 years looking for a 1980 CR390 motor and then found one on ThumperTalk in a forum about something else altogether. PM'd the guy and he parted with it for a very fair price. He was in Connecticut and I'm in California. I offered to pay all of the shipping including a box to put it in and packaging material as well.

Don't give up.

T
  4. mradovich Husqvarna
    AA Class

Talk to people at work and friends of friends I worked for a supervisor that no one likes and one day I was talking to him about old bikes he had a 1976 aw440 maico and a 1975 wr400 husky I got them both for $600.00 and the maico runs and looks great and the husky is very restorable talk to Rick Horvat, his number is on this sight he has frames and just about anything else you would want he had an exhaust pipe for my 67 husky don't give up the parts are out there
  5. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

I read that the '75 & '76 360s had a tendency to seize because of the exhaust port layout and/or would warp their heads because of the stud layout. That said if you found a decent one and set it up correctly I bet it'd be OK.
  6. Tahitian_Red Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I'm starting my second Husky adventure. I picked up a '76 360 over the weekend. It needs some work, but it was all there except the airbox and one footpeg (go figure?).

Looks like my friend (RM370) and I will be re-living the Heikki and Roger GP wars!
    :thumbsup:
  7. pvmx510tc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450, Gp360, 3 510 twin shockers
    Other Motorcycles:
    VStrom, Maico,Monark,Bultaco, Norton
    hi red, i've got a 76 cr360 i'm going to sell. when i got it, the motor was rotted out, the magnesium in the motor cases were toast. i replaced the cases then rebuilt motor. talked to john lefever about 360 vs 390. he was right the 390 is a torquer motor & the 360 is a rocket, much more fun for mx. i'm building a 510 4-stroke & need the money for the rebuild, way more expensive!