1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1974 Husky 250wr Forks

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Simon Marriott, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Simon Marriott Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 Husqvarna 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph etc....
    Hi, I am just in the process of restoring my
    1974 250wr, I am constantly learning about these
    Bikes daily and have come to notice the forks that
    Came with my bike are in fact 400 betor forks and
    Not the black single rib forks the bike is suppose to have.

Can anyone supply some forks For me to restore?
    Or point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Simon

Attached Files:

2. Vinskord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR
    Welcome to Cafe Husky! Good looking bike.

Whereabouts are you located? That would help determine local sources for parts. eBay, Mark's Vintage Swapmeet, Facebook, and Facebook Marketplace are good online sources to look for vintage HVA parts - (In fact - as of today, Sept 28, 2020, there are a pair of single rib black forks on eBay USA).

What is the VIN # for your 250WR? If it is an early production - there is a chance it came from the factory with the earlier gray leg forks. The brochure for 74 does show them to be the first generation single-rib black legs though.

Not sure from the picture, they look like OEM gray leg forks - post some closer pics - especially around the axle and brake casting. If they are OEM gray leg forks (and they tubes are in good condition) the later black leg fork sliders will bolt right up. Just make sure to use the dampers that come with the tubes - gray leg dampers with gray leg tubes and black leg dampers with black leg tubes. While the outer diameters are the same for both gray and black leg tubes, the inner diameters of the black leg tubes is larger.
  3. Simon Marriott Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 Husqvarna 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph etc....
    Hi Vinskord, thanks for your welcome! they are indeed great looking bikes, i am pleased to have found this forum with its wealth of knowledge and information!

What bikes do you have?

i am in the UK, however have facilities to get parts from over in the US to her as my sister is in the US. I have not been able to find the forks you mention on eBay? do you have an item number?

the vin for my Husky is MK18622 as late model by all accounts.

Any help would be most appreciated i sourcing some of the correct forks for the bike. They are indeed OEM grey forks with the bronze sleeved insert within the fork tube. according to my parts book the 250wr does no have this and the 400 does. it was only when i can to disassemble them i noticed the differences in the parts book.

i look forward to hearing what you have to say.
  4. Vinskord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR
  5. Simon Marriott Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 Husqvarna 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph etc....
    Hi Vinskord, I have managed to do a deal with the chap on EBay for just the folk legs and stanchions and he is keeping the hub. I will post an update once I have received them. Just finished painting the frame and parts yesterday. Thanks again, Simon