1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1972 125 float stuck, filled case.

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by artracing, May 9, 2022.

1. artracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

How to clear gas from crankcase on 1972 125 after float stuck.
    Won’t start and has coming out of exhaust.
  2. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    Plug out. Exhaust off. Tank off and turn it upside down. Like you used to with your push bike when you were a kid.
  3. artracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yikes, fully restored bike.
  4. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    Make sure the spark plug is well clear, I set fire to my 420 auto clearing a flooded crankcase, fortunately I had a co2 extinguisher to hand and the only damage sustained was my fringe
  5. artracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

I actually came up with my own method today and it worked perfect. Take an air hose , pull the carburetor ,wrap a rag around the end of the air hose , stick it in the intake , Put the piston at top dead center,and shoot the Air in. The Spray will come right out onto the rag

Rob
  6. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I'd check the gearbox for the smell of gas just to make sure none got by the crank seal, especially after the introducing air pressure. Same goes for the ignition side, would be a bummer to have the ignition cover explode. Also, check the over flow tube in the carb, something plugged it that caused the crank case to have so much fuel in it to begin with.
  7. artracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

In this case the float stuck. Not the best design where the intake is angle up.
    With piston up at TDC , and carb off , it wasn’t nt a pressurized situation. More of blow out.
    But I hear you