1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1967 360 Viking

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by magnum440, Dec 23, 2015.

1. magnum440 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '93 WXE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '71 Maico 400 Square Barrel
    I just acquired a 1967 360 Viking. Bike is in decent shape. The exhaust is crap, it rusting on the inside and is paper thin. Going to see if it will run on Saturday. I was cleaning some things up and the inner fender had been painted. After I striped it, I found the front side is textured. Is this the factory piece or aftermarket? I thought they were smooth and could be polished. Any one seen this before?
  2. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    Hey there magnum, sorry I missed your post until now. I'm a big fan of the late 60 and early 70 Huskys. Your 67 is a fortunate find. They're not something you see much of.

I'm not sure about the 67 but the 68 Viking's inner fender was aluminum painted the same color as the frame and has no texture to it.

Here's a 67 restored by John at Vintage Husky. They are neat bikes with a ton of motocross history.

resto10_l.jpg

resto13_l.jpg
    Chayzed Pilot and steadydirt like this.
  3. Rosco400 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have an inner fender that is textured on the outside, smooth on the inside. Made of plastic. I believe it
    is an aftermarket item as Husky never used much plastic in those days.
  4. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Great find....got any pics.