1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC '17 TX300 & VForce Reeds

Discussion in '2st' started by Mikey97D, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Mikey97D Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM 250XC; '72 HD Electra-Glide
    My stock reeds and cage were very good on my bike. No light could be seen through assembly and the cage appears to not be warped like some were reporting although I did not disassemble it and put a straight edge to the cage.

I am going on a dirt bike trip next month and decided to give the VForce setup a try. Please note I am running the JD Kit with the suggested settings for sea level and the blue needle. I run my bike with the red PV spring a couple turns in from flush.

I did not notice any power gains or oh my this thing is so much better. The bike does seem to run smoother throughout the rpm range. If I were to guess the smoother feel is from the reeds not fluttering as far with the reed stops built into the VForce cage. I imagine this will probably also help reed life since the reeds will not bend as far too.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I went with the v4 for my 17 tx300, good stuff, mine was done in conjunction with a thunder products quad flow torque wing. so the changes were very noticeable but cant pin it to either item, just that both helped big time.
    Mikey97D likes this.
  3. msg315 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TC250 2016 FC350 1970 400cross
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 749RS
    i put v4's and a JD kit on my '17 tc250 and it made a huge difference over stock. i think it was more the JD kit cleaning up the fat stock jetting but the combination was impressive. always good when these adds work as advertised!
    robertaccio and Mikey97D like this.