1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC '17 TX300 Time to dump the Lectron?

Discussion in '2st' started by Cosmokenney, Dec 4, 2017.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

you can get the same carb from Zip Ty Racing who gets it from JD Jet But Ty will throw in a magnetic drain bolt and adjustable air screw for the same price as the jd jet one Which retails for 324.00 I have one on my 2017 TC 125
    robertaccio likes this.
  2. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

Well, I may be needing to buy a new cylinder and top-end, so I'm not keen to spend anymore money on this thing. See my other thread on the cylinder.
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I've added this to the first post for folks reading this post for the first time...
    After working with Lectron I received and put in a 5-1 rod and it cleared up the low end very nicely and left the mid and top about the same as it was. The bike pulls very smoothly from idle to rev-out. No mid-range hit whatsoever. The two stroke power has been restored for the most part. It's pretty amazing at this point.
    Kam1, NCSteve and LandofMotards like this.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Good for you! Kinda like fishin. Sometimes they don't bite and you go to next water hole. Just gotta try stuff and patience til they bite!
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    tuning takes time and effort and a lot of patience and testing, every same model of mechanical beats is slightly different. Pros don't set and forget it, time time and more time.....
    glad to hear it works well.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  6. daloof Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 S - 2018 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 200 XCW - 2018 aro 120le
    im going to be giving the Lectron a chance on my new TX....
    Cosmokenney and NCSteve like this.
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Highly recommend the standard G2 throttle with the Lectron. It's a little slower twist ratio intitially and really gives amazing throttle control off the bottom.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I wish G2 made a lock-on style of grip -- or cams for the ODI lock-ons. I'm really liking my stock lock-ons at the moment.
    NCSteve likes this.
  9. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I was wondering about those ODI grips. Current fav here are the Domino dual compound. Little bit of glue and safety wire works as well as ever :cheers:
  10. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Summer: Ontario, Canada / Winter: Arizona, USA
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    I need to way in on this topic. I have put close to 90 hours on my 17 TX300. I too have had trouble trying to jet the carb. I tried the JD jet kit and got it close, but found it very sensitive to temperature and altitude. I was going to get the Keihin Carb with the JD jet kit (because I had this in my 16TE and it ran great) but, JD was sold out till later this month. After more inquiries to local dealer and local mechanic, which both recommended the Lectron. I pulled the trigger and got the Lectron. After some testing and 2 trail rides, I am very happy with the results. I also had a stutter off idle and had to turn the metering rod 1/4 turn leaner. After that all is good and it runs great, with very crisp throttle response. I estimate that I will get approximately 65 to 70 miles out of a tank of fuel. I will report back with more info after a couple more trail rides. Just my 2 cents worth.
    shawbagga, daloof and Cosmokenney like this.
  11. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Which metering rod did it come with?
  12. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Summer: Ontario, Canada / Winter: Arizona, USA
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    4-2 metering rod. I think it could be a bit lean off idle but, it seems to be pretty smooth power delivery everywhere else. It is a huge improvement over the Mikuni. The majority of my trail riding is intermediate level, with not much A line stuff and not much open desert either. So my expectations and requirements could be lower than most.
  13. daloof Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Haven't had a chance to get a real ride in, just down my gravel road & back... so far so good.
  14. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around a 5-1 metering rod. Mine came with a 3-2xl and then Lectron recommended a 2-3 which is what I'm currently running. The lower the first number on the rod is richer from idle to mid then the second number takes over. A 5-1 would be crazy lean from idle to half throttle then super rich from half to wfo. Are you at a really high elevation?
  15. daloof Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    So, first of all, i think this bike is pretty special, love it... did a nice shake down run today, Lectron worked great, no spooge out of the pipe..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    All of my rides are from 3,000 - 6,000. So I guess that's medium elevation ;-)
  17. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Lol, it looks naked without the blue husky symbol on the front fender! Why did they delete that on the '18s?
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    NCSteve likes this.
  19. Sladep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 XC430, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX220R (2000&2004),08 Honda GL1800
    Hi Ajaxauto, would like your comments on jetting pls. I have a '16 TE300, stock except for V-Force reeds. I'm using Slavens' Mountain Jetting kit for my off-road riding above 6,500'. In the 7,500' - 10,300' range at 55f, I run his needle (unknown what it is), clip on 2nd groove, 148mj, and 40pj, air screw 1.5 turns out. It runs really well and crisp. I want to do some moto/hare scrambles at about 5,000' 50f - 90f, so all Slavens' jetting comes out. He warns not to use it below 6,500'. You say you have yours jetted "per the owner's manual". I'm looking at my manual right now and page 117 Technical data shows jetting listings for the Keihin PWK 36S AG. Is that the table you're referring to? What exact jetting are you running, including needle type, and what altitude range are you covering with this? My 300 came stock with an N8RG needle, which isn't listed in the manual. Many thx in advance!

20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will look it up tonight when I get home and report back john