1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC '17 TX 300

Discussion in '2st' started by ripnriding, Mar 28, 2017.

1. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Was in my local shop to pick up a few items in prep for season. He gave me a needle for a TC 150 to install into the bike as it is jetted rich from factory. Well now....installed at upper clip height...let's see what happens.....it's like 5-10 degrees Celcius here right now. Was told to keep all other jetting stock.
  2. jwdirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey rippin curious to see how you make out. Picked up my tx yesterday. Too cold to ride but sounds pretty rough now. Dealer put in 40:1 for break in which not sure how that affects things.
  3. msg315 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TC250 2016 FC350 1970 400cross
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 749RS
    just picked up a '17 TC250. stock jetting was very rich. leaned and dropped the needle and went to a lower pilot (supplied with bike) as well as 2 turns out on air screw. it was better but still too fat on the bottom. put in a jd jetting kit starting with their recommendation for the altitude range i ride. 100% improvement. still not as crisp as i would like rolling on throttle (0-1/8) at speed and in power band/rpm range but not where you really ride this things anyway so no real issue. i have a lot of range with clip options (half increments!) and one leaner needle so will test some options. but, their starting point is very rideable.

i have heard from some very good sources (ktm team mechanics) that the new KTM/HUSKY's are very sensitive to mixing ratio. manual recommends 60:1. i went with 50:1 mostly because 60:1 just sounded a bit lean to me (i've always mixed 40:1, old school!). will try 60:1 to see if that cleans things up a bit.

also, i have ordered the latest moto tassinari vforce4r reed cage. i have heard great things about how these reeds clean up the power delivery and specifically rolling on from closed throttle up in the rpm's.

all said, the jd kit hit the mark. money well spent. throw it in and let it eat!
    ripnriding likes this.
  4. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

I fell ya. When I picked up mine, I got out before we got wacked with snow to just go through the gears.....tried to anyway.....and immediately felt the insane pull/power but it was gurggly as though running super rich. My incessant you tube and research pre purchase already flagged the jetting as an area to look into. My local shop in Brockville was on the case and was working with Husqvarna Canada on a resolution.

I have been buying some items every few weeks ie skid plate bash guards etc and last trip in he gave me a new needle. I put it in a few days ago and this certainly awoke the beast I was so quick to put it in....I didn't record the needle number but was told that it was the same needle from a TC 150. I ran the remainder of the 3 month old gas/oil premix from break in just up and down my subdivision and completely noticed a difference...looking forward to warmer days. It was responsive to airscrew adjustments at idle and just above idle.....I think this may be the ticket...I'll get the needle number next time I pop in to the shop to grab the bullet proof rad guards and my plate ;) Also, I regularly You tube my rides....have been riding my trusty little '10 Husky CR 144 a few times to keep the energies at bay hahahhahaha
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    PS when discussing 2T by the book, ratio always refers to fuel. so 60:1 is rich (more fuel less oil), 32:1 is lean. (less fuel more oil). And yes the TX300 is jetted rich unless we live at sea level in antarctica!!
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PPS i got mine finally.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    You did? Congrats. Keeping the TE for a practice bike?
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE300 will be for sale after next weekend just need to figure out a price and what is included or for sale separately on ebay.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I'd snap it up, but I literally have no room for any more bikes. And the Mustang stays inside. 20170319_182511.jpg
    sethmg, ripnriding and robertaccio like this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  11. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2.2 hrs on the hr meter and starting to "harness" the power. Well....harness maybe an little optimistic but am adapting to the different riding style...ride one gear taller and modulated throttle vs keeping it in the upper revs. On position 2 which is the tamer version and this beauty just rrrrrRIPS!! I am looking forward to getting some proper loops around an XC course vs the makeshift 1-2 k loop I have near me to dial in the suspension but super impressed with this thing. Decided to flick the switch near the end of my ride time today to just see the difference. Well now.......When I am on my "A-game" this will certainly be like being loaded into a new level to master. Right now....I'm toying with the idea of a G2 throttle tamer...

Suspension seems a little harsh but I put a taad more air in fork 9.8 bar and went with the "sport setting" setting on clickers. I just need to get another couple of hours on this rig to harness the arm pump...HA. One thing that is certainly in my mind.......I have whisky throttled the little 144 and was able to get away unharmed....but.....don't believe this will be the case now with this honey. More mental focus and certainly more respect of this power is warranted.

Jetting...I think it's dialed....leaving it alone.
    NCSteve likes this.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I have G2 throttle on both my Huskys and love it. Subtle, but very effective at adding a degree of throttle control you can't really get any other way.
    :cheers:
    ripnriding likes this.
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am told 8 hrs to break in suspension completely....
    robertaccio and ripnriding like this.
  14. jwdirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was lucky enough to head south and put a few hundred km on my tx. Everything thing from double track to nasty hill climbs and tight single track. Bike is awesome you can lug it all day and then rev the snot out of it. Suspension is great I think it likes to be ridden aggressively, if you sit back it will bounce you all over. Smaller pilot and dropped the needle a clip still a little hesitation down low but I'll keep missing with that. First gear may be a little tall for the really tight stuff but at least you can use first gear. The xc-w I had before first thing I did was shift to second.
    ripnriding likes this.